I've said it before, and I'll say it again (1 Viewer)

Yep. I've been getting a lot of flack because I have been saying this all along. People make fun of what I say when I say this about Vick. I've been around this sport for a long time.

I wouldn't get too full of yourself DR, we might have to dig up some of your gushy opinions of J. Sullivan and Sedrick Hodge....

Why not just enjoy the great season we are having instead wasting bandwidth on what amounts to "I told you so".

Minus the five drops, Vick completes 66% of his passes yesterday.....

I wouldn't get too full of yourself DR, we might have to dig up some of your gushy opinions of J. Sullivan and Sedrick Hodge....

Why not just enjoy the great season we are having instead wasting bandwidth on what amounts to "I told you so".

Let's also not forget the man-crushes that DR had on Onome Ojo, Zach Hilton, and Colby Bockwoldt.

Minus the five drops, Vick completes 66% of his passes yesterday.....

Everyone has drops. Saints average like 2 or 3 a game. Only 1 drop was outragous (the Roddy White drop...yeah Rowdy Roddy really reeks)

Let's also not forget the man-crushes that DR had on Onome Ojo, Zach Hilton, and Colby Bockwoldt.

Yeah but at least those guys you list had some legitimate potential to get excited about, even if they didn't pan out. But I really don't think anyone who predicted great things for "Bust" Sulivan or Sedrick "Wrong-Way" Hodge has any business throwing out an "I told you so post" on the board.

No argument here Vick would be a great QB if he would just throw the ball and stop running around. Late in that game Hollis hit Vick running up field and hurt his leg on a three yard gain. The very next play vick was still gimpy and got sacked for a loss of 8. He is an exciting player but his time a a dominant player that can take on a whole team by himself are over until he throwns more consistantly which probublly never happen

I've said it before, I'll say it again....if you get 12 ginger snaps, and pound them with a ball-peen hammer, and sniff up the remaining dust with a straw........then stare into a mirror for 2 hours you'll see the uncanny face of Phyllis Diller.

Vick never worries me as a QB. I perosnally think that if you remove Vick from the team the Falcons have a winning record and a share of the NFC South with Schaub.

Vick never worries me as a QB. I perosnally think that if you remove Vick from the team the Falcons have a winning record and a share of the NFC South with Schaub.

Sigh

Matt Schaub has never won a game as the starter. Vick has a winning percentage of something like 65% for his career.

Prior to this year, we had never beaten the Falcons with Vick. But we did beat them with Schaub.

But don't let facts get in the way of making unreasonable assumptions that have no basis in reality.

Last edited:
Everyone has drops. Saints average like 2 or 3 a game. Only 1 drop was outragous (the Roddy White drop...yeah Rowdy Roddy really reeks)

True, everyone has drops.....but at least on most other teams those drops are balanced out somewhat by great catches. The Falcons receivers drop passes and then continue to be mediocre in every other facet of their game.....

Sigh

Matt Schaub has never won a game as the starter. Vick has a winning percentage of something like 65% for his career.

Prior to this year, we had never beaten the Falcons with Vick. But we did beat them with Schaub.

But don't let facts get in the way of making unreasonable assumptions that have no basis in reality.

Yeah....facts....hmmm

Vick's record as a starter (including playoffs) 38 - 33 - 1 = 53%

Heck, let's throw out his 0-4 rookie record 38 - 29 - 1 = 55%

Wow, 55%, awesome. That guy is a real winner. What's a 55% completion percentage translate into in a 16 game season? 8.8 wins.

Yep. Mike Vick is a 9-7 QB.

Sheer....dominance

By the way, Trent Green has a better winning percentage (and he's the only QB I even randomly checked against Vick. Other medicore QBs who probably have better winning percentages include Jake Delhomme, Brad Johnson, Jake Plummer, etc).

Schaub and Brees are quarterbacks
Vick plays quarterback

I'm sick of all the credit that Vick gts for being a good runner. Think about it: When an offense calls a run play, safeties and cornerbacks and linebackers assigned to coverage immediately get into position to stop the run as best they can. When Vick drops back and it's obviously a pass, all those defenders are downfield covering their guys. Even with Vick's athleticism, it's easy as hell to gain 10 or more yards when the majority of the defense is concerned with defending the pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom