Ivory and Ingram highlights (1 Viewer)

I say the original 2nd rd tender. I don't see how people don't see how special this kid is. Ingram could never make the runs shown in the video.

I say the original 2nd rd tender. I don't see how people don't see how special this kid is. Ingram could never make the runs shown in the video.

That's what I'm saying. Ivory has vision, cut back ability, power, finesse, agility, breakaway speed, and hunger. He runs around, over, and through defenders.

It's simple. People see what they want to see. At least, that is the only way I can fathom how people don't see how good Ivory is and will become.

Ivory = boom vs bust. Much higher ceiling than Ingram IMO, greater top speed, burst, vision, patience and strength. If he can stay healthy (#1 question) he is going to become a stud. Ivory will either be a great player, or out of the league in two years due to health.

Ingram = ....., master of none. Steady eddy. Showed some improvement towards the end of last season. Does not appear to move the pile easily, does not break tackles easily. Lacks top end speed. Vision and patience need to improve. Ingram will be a solid pro for many years. Never great, but solid. I have been down on him but he did look better in the last quarter of the season. Low risk - Medium reward IMO

Trading Chris Ivory

.... would be a mistake. Go look at the film. He's the most explosive back on our team. Even when he's getting a few reps that turn into only minimal gains, you can tell how the entire offensive intensity seems to step up a notch.

His health issues are well known and there are questions about his pass protection. However, he brings a degree of physicality and attitude to the table that, quite frankly, none of our other backs possess. I love our 4 headed monster but Ivory is the real deal.

There aren't many backs in the entire league that run like he does. He's on our team. Run him until the treads fall off and shelve him. That's a better option, IMO, than trading him for a draft pick that may or may not develop into a serviceable professional football player.

Whether it's "in Loomis we trust" or "Payton knows how to run an offense", I know that the team will make the best moves to field the most competitively team possible. I just don't honestly see how shipping Ivory out furthers that goal. I just don't.

Flame away.

Well, we have 3 explosive RBs on our team (PT, Sproles, and Ivory).

This is true.

And when opposing defenses are keyed into bringing down a Saints back, it's easy (for me) to see that they strap up their chin straps REAL tight when #29 has the pigskin.

No disrespect to the other guys but Ivory is special.

Ivory is as good as gone, here is why: No versatility and no surprise.

If there is one thing that Payton prizes when it comes to his offense, it's versatility and surprise. Being able to keep opposing defenses back on their heels and constantly guessing at what is coming next is the hallmark of Payton's offense and is the reason he is called an offensive mastermind.

Anytime Ivory is in the lineup, we're telegraphing what the play is going to be. I think that the percentage I've read is that > 70% of the time he is in, it's a running play.

Ivory is a great runner and I love the way he runs. Unfortunately, he's a workhorse in an offense that runs on gasoline. Sell the workhorse and get more gears to make this engine go.

ingram will be cut in final year of his contract when team realizes jesus we can't pay this guy a couple of million for avg production we can get from some UDFA

at this point ingram is the 3rd best back at best....

the knock on ivory is he isnt a factor in the pass game. well look at ingrams pass stats. they suck. he had less than 50 yds receiving last yr....

It's simple. People see what they want to see. At least, that is the only way I can fathom how people don't see how good Ivory is and will become.

Ivory = boom vs bust. Much higher ceiling than Ingram IMO, greater top speed, burst, vision, patience and strength. If he can stay healthy (#1 question) he is going to become a stud. Ivory will either be a great player, or out of the league in two years due to health.

Ingram = ....., master of none. Steady eddy. Showed some improvement towards the end of last season. Does not appear to move the pile easily, does not break tackles easily. Lacks top end speed. Vision and patience need to improve. Ingram will be a solid pro for many years. Never great, but solid. I have been down on him but he did look better in the last quarter of the season. Low risk - Medium reward IMO
But do you realistically think we're going to get a second round pick for him? Some of the beat writers are saying that wed be lucky yo get anything higher than a forth. Now I'd rather part ways with Ingram and keep ivory but Payton's not going to part ways with Ingram after giving up a first for him. Not to mention he's a UFA next year.

They put a 2nd on him because they want to keep him , why else do that knowing most likely your not going to get it. If a team is willing to throw a 2nd round pick at us then let him go. We're only gonna get 4 or 5 games out of him any way and that is worth a second IMO. Yes the man is talented and runs hard but that is also his downfall

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom