Ivory RFA trade question (1 Viewer)

imnosaint

Beer Vendor
Reaction score
Not hoping for it, just asking:

If Ivory hasn't signed his tender is he still eligible for trade if we felt it necessary to move him or move up during the draft?

We could potentially get a 4th rounder, if Santa came early, and if we decided to deal him for a pick. Hopefully to the AFC.

His cap money is going to be necessary at some point, and I'd rather have PT if I were to choose between them.

Short answer.. no.

You cannot trade any player unless he has a contract.. you are not really trading the player, you are trading his contract. He would have to sign his tender or a long term deal before you could trade him.

Damn I was hoping we could trade Ivory and our 15th pick to the Jets to move up to the 9th spot to select Star, Mingo, Ziggy, or Jordan if one of those 4 players are available. The Jets could use a running back and they seem to like the thumping type of back that Ivory brings to the table. Maybe we can sign and trade him with the pick if that is possible.

Damn I was hoping we could trade Ivory and our 15th pick to the Jets to move up to the 9th spot to select Star, Mingo, Ziggy, or Jordan if one of those 4 players are available. The Jets could use a running back and they seem to like the thumping type of back that Ivory brings to the table. Maybe we can sign and trade him with the pick if that is possible.

Ivory will not get you anywhere near that much value (that's the equivalent of a 2nd rounder).

If they wanted a thumper back they could just use Tebow.:ezbill:

And now I have a question...

Does the fact that the Saints "tendered" Ivory mean that they have plans for him this season? Or does it mean they potentially want someone else's 2nd round pick?

Ivory and our no. 15 selection would not do it. And, I personally wouldn't trade up anyway, and not for Ansah or Mingo at any rate. Star or Jordan might be worth trading up, but I still wouldn't do it.

In the current scenario the Saints would have to work out a trade that Ivory was happy with. Then he would sign his tender and be shipped off. While they technically can not trade him, they can talk about trading him and entertain offers from other teams.

am I the only one that thinks keeping all 4 RBs (5 if you count cadet) is the best thing to do? Have people forgotten the year of injuries, and starting Betts?

What happens if Ivory doesnt sign his tender? he just sits out this season?

I was really hoping we could get something for ivory because i thought he had some biders but that went out the window I hope we can get at least a 5th or 6th for him or something

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom