Ivory to receive tender (according to Holder) (1 Viewer)

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
Or at least according to Holder's source, Chris Ivory is expected to receive a tender from the Saints.

Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder
#Saints RB Chris Ivory is expecting to receive RFA tender and not a long-term deal, according to a source. Still unsure on which tender.

The questions which. We could have assumed he'd receive some tender. If it's the second that's extremely interesting, if its the lowest, he's likely to walk for nothing in return.

Hope we give him the second round and trade him out of conference. No sense in having him on the roster all season long if we are going to only use him for a few games. He deserves better.

Nobody will give up a 2 for Ivory.

I hope we actually plan on using him.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hope we give him the second round and trade him out of conference. No sense in having him on the roster all season long if we are going to only use him for a few games. He deserves better.

If we give him the second round tender it means we're likely to move at least 1 running back. Between Ingram, Thomas, Sproles, and Ivory on a 2nd round tender that's some $11 million in cap dollars for the RB position, which is an awful lot given our cap situation.

Sproles is unlikely to be moved, and there is no cap savings in moving Ingram, so if Ivory gets a 2nd round tender I'd expect either Ivory or Thomas to be moved.

Tendering him a 2nd doesn't mean, even if we choose to move him, we'll get a 2nd round pick. He could sign the tender and we trade him for anything, even as a little as. 2014 conditional 7th.

Either way, he's gone. Good luck to him. I hope its the 2nd round tender though. Each year he was here, he denied the odds was a major contributor.

That is a pretty sad statement considering we gave up a first and a second for Ingram and I would much rather see Ivory in the game over Ingram.

If we give him the second round tender it means we're likely to move at least 1 running back. Between Ingram, Thomas, Sproles, and Ivory on a 2nd round tender that's some $11 million in cap dollars for the RB position, which is an awful lot given our cap situation.

Sproles is unlikely to be moved, and there is no cap savings in moving Ingram, so if Ivory gets a 2nd round tender I'd expect either Ivory or Thomas to be moved.

sound reasoning and I don't expect it but I wish it would be Ingram. I am not an Ingram basher (he can be an excellent back) but to me Ivory, Thomas and Sproles give us the most diverse looks.

It would be a mistake to let Ivory walk. That would mean in 2014 we would be looking at having ingram, cadet and 2 over 30 running backs on the roster. IMO, the right move would be to cut/trade PT.

I don't think this is shocking, what I want to know is what did we tender him as?

It would be a mistake to let Ivory walk. That would mean in 2014 we would be looking at having ingram, cadet and 2 over 30 running backs on the roster. IMO, the right move would be to cut/trade PT.

Maybe they could send him to Pittsburgh, so Rashard Mendenhall will have to sit behind him again? :hihi: Just kidding... IMO they need to retain PT until the end of his career. They need to part ways with Ivory if they aren't going to play him. I just think PT may need to accept a pay cut.

Why should we keep a one-dimensional back that can't stay healthy for an entire season? Sure he has flashes of great running, but he's terrible in blitz pick-up and catching out of the back field. He'll probably get a second round tender and get traded for a 3rd.

sound reasoning and I don't expect it but I wish it would be Ingram. I am not an Ingram basher (he can be an excellent back) but to me Ivory, Thomas and Sproles give us the most diverse looks.

Maybe, but with no cap savings in moving Ingram (I think actually its a slight cost when you factor in even a rookie minimum contract to take his roster spot) plus the fact that Payton only had 1 year with him, I think this is the least likely outcome. Sean Payton has shown a willingness to eat draft picks as a loss before (trading up for Antonio Pittman and cutting him in favor of Pierre Thomas for instance) but declaring a loss on a 1st and 2nd round pick as well as losing some $2 - $2.5 million in cap space which could be critical in retaining a player such as Jermon Bushrod is a pretty steep sunk cost.

No, I think it'll be Ivory or Thomas gone with the intention of giving Ingram an even larger share in 2013 before making a determination of moving forward or moving on with him in 2014.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom