Ivory to receive tender (according to Holder) (1 Viewer)

Nobody will give up a 2 for Ivory.

I hope we actually plan on using him.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think that would be the thought behind giving him that. Tender him for a 2nd so that nobody takes him. Trade him somewhere else for a lesser pick.

Why should we keep a one-dimensional back that can't stay healthy for an entire season?

Because he is young, has 5-6 more years in him and what he lacks can be coached up. PT has at most 2 years left but seems to be already on the decline.

The timing of offering tenders early sounds like a good idea in terms of allowing potential trades to develop prior to free agency and the draft period.

Tim C said:
Why should we keep a one-dimensional back that can't stay healthy for an entire season? Sure he has flashes of great running, but he's terrible in blitz pick-up and catching out of the back field. He'll probably get a second round tender and get traded for a 3rd.

That's sll true but the fact remains ehen we're talking about hard nosed beast mode running Ivory is our best option. Him playing got Ingram to step it up last season. That's what makes this so difficult.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

That's sll true but the fact remains ehen we're talking about hard nosed beast mode running Ivory is our best option. Him playing got Ingram to step it up last season. That's what makes this so difficult.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Any choice we make this season in regards to RBs will be difficult because IMO all of our RBs are good and are all liked and disliked.

Because he is young, has 5-6 more years in him and what he lacks can be coached up. PT has at most 2 years left but seems to be already on the decline.

I wouldn't be so sure it can be "coached up". Michael Turner, who Ivory is very similiar to in my opinion (minus Turner's durability) remained a huge liability in the passing game to this day. I think after like 8 years he worked his way up to "below average".

Some guys just don't "get it". I think the lesson football has been learning over the years is that you can't just look at physical ability and project/assume all the rest, that what used to be called "intangibles" can/will come. Accuracy with the ball, hands, understanding blitz protection, etc, can in fact be "talent" as much as speed, size, strength, etc.

It won't be this I hope!

th

my selection would be to keep Sproles, Ivory, and Thomas... Ingram just doesn't seem to wow me. Reminds me of the Ricky Williams trade to a lesser degree.

The timing of offering tenders early sounds like a good idea in terms of allowing potential trades to develop prior to free agency and the draft period.

Well if you tender him at the 2nd round level for instance, you have to be willing to possibly eat that tender if you have too (even if you'd rather not). By that I mean, you have to ready for the possibility that no one will trade for him, he signs the tender, and you have to pay him at that salary in 2013.

That may not be your intention, but the possibility exists and it's poor planning if you don't have it accounted for.

So I would assume they're factoring that into their decision making, which means the decision of what level to tender him at is as much a piece of the puzzle as a Will Smith/Vilma paycut/restructure, Bushrod contract offer, etc.

You would assume all of these balls are currently being juggled as we speak, and we'll probably see what level he is tendered at around the same time you see more definitive word on where Will Smith, Vilma are, etc.

If we tender him with a 2nd and miss out on one of the top OLB's I'd try and package him with our 3rd round pick to move up and draft the OLB Jamie Collins.

Well if you tender him at the 2nd round level for instance, you have to be willing to possibly eat that tender if you have too (even if you'd rather not). By that I mean, you have to ready for the possibility that no one will trade for him, he signs the tender, and you have to pay him at that salary in 2013.

That may not be your intention, but the possibility exists and it's poor planning if you don't have it accounted for.

So I would assume they're factoring that into their decision making, which means the decision of what level to tender him at is as much a piece of the puzzle as a Will Smith/Vilma paycut/restructure, Bushrod contract offer, etc.

You would assume all of these balls are currently being juggled as we speak, and we'll probably see what level he is tendered at around the same time you see more definitive word on where Will Smith, Vilma are, etc.

RFA tenders usually become negotiable which is why I thought a tender early is a sign of opening up talks for a realistic trade scenario. I'm thinking a low round tender and then a sign and trade. Teams know the Saints will likely match any offer, so for me an incentivised trade deal works well.

Why should we keep a one-dimensional back that can't stay healthy for an entire season? Sure he has flashes of great running, but he's terrible in blitz pick-up and catching out of the back field. He'll probably get a second round tender and get traded for a 3rd.

Everyone needs to seriously shut up about this crap. I'm sick of everyone saying this stuff. Back it up with evidence or stop parroting crap you saw another poster say who got it from another poster and so on.

Everyone needs to seriously shut up about this crap. I'm sick of everyone saying this stuff. Back it up with evidence or stop parroting crap you saw another poster say who got it from another poster and so on.

I heard it from WWL camp reports and one of WWL's coaches shows mid-season.

Same with his fumbling problems.

I would be cool with aquiring a 2nd or a 3rd for him. He is never going to have the role he needs to meet his full potential in the Saints system. Pluse we have too many RB's on the roster. Good luck to him, I wish him the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom