Ivy League Schools Cancel Football (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I'll try to find the link.

But some of the most intelligent and data knowledgeable college administrators in the country decided to call off all sports till 2021. I wonder if we will see more conferences doing that. I was 90% sure the NFL was at least going to start the season. Now I am not so sure.

Edit: Ivy League scraps college football and fall sports for 2020, will evaluate feasibility of playing in spring

Ivy League Cancels Fall Football

Edit Edit - they did cancel all sports......

CBS has already dropped another article where they basically predict that others may follow.

I think best case scenario is a shortened/altered season with an *asterisk* champ.

CBS has already dropped another article where they basically predict that others may follow.

I think best case scenario is a shortened/altered season with an *asterisk* champ.
I doubt CFB will go because there’s really no incentive for the players. If you’re in the draft next year, why risk it. You’re not getting paid. Same for the ones that have no shot at the Draft.

I'll try to find the link.

But some of the most intelligent and data knowledgeable college administrators in the country decided to call off all sports till 2021. I wonder if we will see more conferences doing that. I was 90% sure the NFL was at least going to start the season. Now I am not so sure.

Edit: Ivy League scraps college football and fall sports for 2020, will evaluate feasibility of playing in spring

Ivy League Cancels Fall Football

Edit Edit - they did cancel all sports......
Is there any wonder why these schools epitomize what the STUDENT athlete is as opposed to the athlete STUDENT? They are the smartest.

People usually pay attention to what they do. This is another domino.

It is because they know why athletes should go to school.
Pretty much.
All schools should drop athletic scholarships and make them academic instead Force the high school athlete to get good grades to make a sports roster .

It may be political for you, but this is not political at all for me. This board is about football and a conference canceling fall ball is about football. And one of the other major conferences canceled all non-conference games, I think the Big Ten (??). This post is 100% about the viability of actually playing this year, why college conferences are starting to cancel all or part of the season and especially why. "Why" because that will tell us what is likely going on behind the scenes with the NFL and its player safety

Do you see anything political with that? Don't think I'm the only one on SR who wants to know if there will be a season, a partial season and if fans will be allowed at the games.

And your slam about not being intelligent I will just take that as you are having a lot of emotional challenges with the state of the country. It's ok. I didn't take it personally. On SR, I think we all want a season to happen and see our Saints go after another SB
I think it’s an indication of a shorten season. Maybe division games and two conference games only.

I think it’s an indication of a shorten season. Maybe division games and two conference games only.

Hey Jack! Right now I would take that over no season at all. I wonder when the SEC is going to tell their official position on the season? That should tell us some about the NFL since the SEC is the power conference in college.

Someone on this site proposed an 8 game season with the AFC playing one week and the NFC playing the next. I really think this might be the only way to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom