J Harrison (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
RT @KristianGaric1: Things are starting to heat up around the league for UFA LB James Harrison, per league source. I'm told #Saints do have JH on "radar".

----
I'm not hot on the idea of older players

I'm hot on the idea of a lb who plays excellent run d (plus the mean streak). Seriously, we can't get enough help for our d imo, if it's for the right price i'd bring him in. We'll see who will sign him, IIRC some other teams were interested

He's had some tough injuries but when healthy dude is a beast. For the right price he's worth a shot.

We need a stop-gap guy just in case Gallette or Wilson don't pan out or until the possible rookie is ready to take over.

This D needs more nasty, and signing Harrison would be a slap to the face to Goodell; that alone makes it worth it.

RT @KristianGaric1: Things are starting to heat up around the league for UFA LB James Harrison, per league source. I'm told #Saints do have JH on "radar".

----

Neither am I, but James Harrison and Ed Reed are exceptions.

"Saints are a team where he would like to land, is what a league source told me. No talks yet." @KristianGaric

----

I wouldnt mind the idea of bringing him in as long as it was for the right price! I think he could be a great mentor, if nothing else, for Tez and Junior. And it DEF couldnt hurt our defense to have him on the field either. I also like the fact he can bring some attitude to our defense, even though some may argue that isnt the right kind of attitude we need after last season's shennanigans. I say, bring him in!!!!!! (for the right price) :mwink:

if we want a shot at another superbowl IMO i think guys like harrison can make a difference

"Saints are a team where he would like to land, is what a league source told me. No talks yet." @KristianGaric

By "league source" he means Harrison's agent and by "me" he means "everybody" and by "Saints" he means "anybody".

That said, I'd love to see him here. Dude plays mean and could coach up the youngsters.

----

If they are better than what we have, and they are by a long shot, we improve by having them. If that is the case age is irrelevant to me.

I wouldnt mind the idea of bringing him in as long as it was for the right price! I think he could be a great mentor, if nothing else, for Tez and Junior. And it DEF couldnt hurt our defense to have him on the field either. I also like the fact he can bring some attitude to our defense, even though some may argue that isnt the right kind of attitude we need after last season's shennanigans. I say, bring him in!!!!!! (for the right price) :mwink:

Dude, Edit...I am writing while at work and confused the two little-used backups. I realized my obviously egregious error but just now got around to finding and fixing it.

He's still one of the elite run-stopping linebackers in the NFL.

You see, even if Harrison struggled getting past blockers to impact the quarterback, he was able to get off blocks in the run game to make plays around the line of scrimmage. His Run Stop Percentage is a big indication of this where he maintained a high score of 9.1 percent in 2012, third among all 3-4 outside linebackers. That helped him to the third-highest run defense grade of his peers, and saw him finish 10th overall in our 2012 rankings at his position.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/09/worth-a-shot-james-harrison/

----

I'm not a big fan of signing older players either, but when its James Harrison a man who makes plays on a regular basis I'm all for it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom