J. Russell close to 300lbs....... (1 Viewer)

Can't say I didn't see this coming.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40925

In this thread, I listed my concerns over Russel and his newly inflated ego, complacancy that seemed to seep through his interviews, and eating habits expressed by Solomon Wilcox that got me called a racist. Today, I still think Russel thinks he has "made it", and has bought into his hype like Vick without earning his status or paycheck after being drafted. I am no Al Davis fan, but Russel signed for what was being offered all along, missed minicamps and training camp, did not learn what was needed to get experience in week 8 like Vince Young did, and limited his the teams opportunities to teach him and work him into games with the full playbook. Almost a year later, does it look like I was jumping to conclusions? I am not racists. I may have learned ignorance like many who grow up in this region, but I have always been aware of all that is around me and part of this culture, and have worked hard to not ignore the bad, but reverse the trend. My best friend is black, and has been my best friend since first grade. My best man from my wedding was hispanic. I am in the minority when I say I believe in what the statue of liberty says in "give me your tired, hungry, and poor" and am more angry at our government, society, and elitists for shaping our economy and polarizing everyone on issues like immigration instead of focusing on taking care of the people they represent. I am angry at us for buying everything Martha Stewart says we need instead of feeding the hungry, ministering to the sick, and helping our brothers in this country and the next. But does that make me racist? I have more empathy and understanding for someone like Pac Man Jones or even Deebo down the street than most of my peers. I prefer the term "christian blessed with wisdom and empathy" to liberal. I hate almost all politics and government. But I digress. If you choose to comment on this post, please take the time to read the entire thread linked above.

No, you got called a racist for saying Russell was dumb, lazy and spent his time eating BBQ. Now your point may have been valid, but some people had a problem with how you conveyed it.

Last edited:
No, you got called a racist for saying Russell was dumb, lazy and spent his time eating BBQ. Now your point may have been valid, but some people had a problem with how you conveyed it.

I see that and express my deepest apologies for those who took offense. That truly wasn't the intent, and there isn't anything I can say to "put the genie back in the bottle" for those who think it shows my true colors. I guess you would have to know me personally to lose any qualms about that and understand I meant nothing racial by it conciously or subconsiously. It was more about work ethic, not living the game and wanting to go home and play Madden with the buddies as opposed to being the first to get there and the last to leave and showing you want to earn the money as opposed to being entitled to it, kind of like they 18-20 yrolds I work with who happen to be white. Russell looks in shape for that picture; maybe the bit of criticism and losing helped the light for Russell go on; maybe Russell just is so melancoly that that is how he comes off in interviews on camera, I don't know him personally. I am rooting for him; I root for all LSU players, I just hope he proves my concerns wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom