J. Russell close to 300lbs....... (1 Viewer)

We are in the year 2008.

My post was a response to MLU's claim that Russell's playing weight is close to 300lbs.

Did you overlook that? Or are you under the impression that Jamarcus' ideal playing weight has risen 30 lbs in less than a year?

And his wallet.

if it's a george costanza wallet, the Raiders might wanna check him for back problems.
133.jpg

My post was a response to MLU's claim that Russell's playing weight is close to 300lbs.

Did you overlook that? Or are you under the impression that Jamarcus' ideal playing weight has risen 30 lbs in less than a year?

did you read the article? its from when russell was being drafted..you cant possible think year old material is still valid now?

First-year head coach Lane Kiffin of the Oakland Raiders, who hold the No. 1 overall pick and are expected to use it on Russell, was among the coaches, scouts and front-office officials on hand.

While Russell is expected to come off the board long before any of those teams select, there were at least three other former LSU players worth watching -- and worth a first- or second-round pick. Safety Laron Landry could be a top-10 selection, wide receiver Dwayne Bowe is a first-round talent and Craig Davis could be selected in the early to middle portion of the second round.

Russell was the star of Wednesday's show, however. He weighed in at 256 pounds -- nine pounds lighter than at the scouting combine just more than two weeks ago and spot on his playing weight -- and ran a 4.84 40-yard dash.

his playing weight may of not been up to 300 when he was drafted, as you have pointed out, but things do change from year to year..

did you read the article? its from when russell was being drafted..you cant possible think year old material is still valid now?

his playing weight may of not been up to 300 when he was drafted, as you have pointed out, but things do change from year to year..

His playing weight from the NFL last year was 255 as per NFL.com

So his point is still valid. His playing weight is not near 300 pounds, whether its at the combine, the 2007 seasson, or a few months later now.

You're completely missing his point.

His playing weight from the NFL last year was 255 as per NFL.com

So his point is still valid. His playing weight is not near 300 pounds, whether its at the combine, the 2007 seasson, or a few months later now.

nobody knows what his playing weight is. hell it could be 800 for all i care.

you cannot take a article from over a year into account here. thats all im pointing out here. extremely poor choice to try and prove your argument here..

nobody knows what his playing weight is. hell it could be 800 for all i care.

you cannot take a article from over a year into account here. thats all im pointing out here. extremely poor choice to try and prove your argument here..

We do know that his playing weight was 255ish at the combine and thats what he played at last year. I think its safe to say his playing weight hasn't went up 40 pounds in one offseason. He's a QB. Just wouldn't make sense. He'll probably be back around 260 by the time the season starts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom