Jabari Greer 31 years old, Jenkins and the whole DB situation (1 Viewer)

Randy Jones

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard any information about Jenkins and Greer's recovery from their late season injuries? Larry Holder doesn't seem to take this into accounti n his latest report.

Just some speculation on my part based on a report from Larry Holder in the TP about position battles, but I might speculate because of his age, injuries last year, and size, that Greer may windup being the nickel back with Lewis and Robinson as starters.

I am also wondering how badly Jenkins was hurt since he was put on IR. They said it was a hamstring, but you know how the Saints are in reporting the seriousness of injuries

We have many unanswered questions. We won't know anything until OTA's and camp.

I completely forgot Jenkins got injured last season. Shows how I completely tuned that season out.

It will be interesting. P.Rob still has some proving to do. From what I've seen of him, he is purely a boundry corner. He struggles with space like that. So nickel would not be optimal for him. Greer could do it, but will get out physicalled in the run game.

I dont know....we'll see.

If Greer isn't able to win one of the 2 starting spots, he needs to be traded or cut. I hate to say that, because he is one of my favorite players. Greer is a good physical CB who presses well and uses the sideline as well as any of the top CBs in the league. Putting him in the slot would be making the same mistake the eagles made putting Asomugha in the slot.

Greer will be fine and I expect him to return to form. He is still the best cornerback ever to wear a Saints uniform (not that there is much for competition over the years).

I fully expect Greer and Robinson to be our starters. The question I have is who will be playing SS, FS, and who will be the nickel. If Vaccaro wins a starting job, which position will he win? If he wins FS (and let me state categorically I think SS is more likely), will Jenkins move to the nickel or to SS? If Vaccaro wins the SS spot, will Jenkins continue at FS or will Quddus take over and Jenkins become the nickel? Or if one of our other corners becomes the nickel, who will start at the safeties and who is "out"? It's definitely going to be an interesting camp watching the defensive battles, especially at LB and DB.

Greer will be fine and I expect him to return to form. He is still the best cornerback ever to wear a Saints uniform (not that there is much for competition over the years).

I fully expect Greer and Robinson to be our starters. The question I have is who will be playing SS, FS, and who will be the nickel. If Vaccaro wins a starting job, which position will he win? If he wins FS (and let me state categorically I think SS is more likely), will Jenkins move to the nickel or to SS? If Vaccaro wins the SS spot, will Jenkins continue at FS or will Quddus take over and Jenkins become the nickel? Or if one of our other corners becomes the nickel, who will start at the safeties and who is "out"? It's definitely going to be an interesting camp watching the defensive battles, especially at LB and DB.

I do not think there is any way Robinson starts over Lewis.

Greer is 31 years old, he isn't 38. His skills physically have declined but with that he is still the better option over Robinson.

I uhhhhh..... don't even remember Jenkins getting injured. What injury?

He missed the last 3 games of the year. IAQ was the starter when we shut out TB, that is when a lot of the Jenkins to corner stuff started.

If Greer can remain healthy I think he will have a nice bounce back year. He is still our most technically sound corner. And even though he got exposed more than normal last year, I still cant remember a time of him getting torched repeatidly in a game (looking at you P.Rob and C.White).

Jenkins had a hammy (?) and went on IR. Greer had a groin injury goinginto camp and then had a hip problem at the end of the season. Total speculation on my part, but I am more worried about the hip unless it is just a pointer. I hope it is not early arthritic stuff. That doesn't clear up.

I think jenkins "injury" was their way of getting him off the field and improving the coverage.

I hope RR comes in with an open competition for every spot. He has no loyalties to any of these players so I hope he's all about letting the best player win.

I'm really hoping IAQ can unseat Jenkins for the FS spot. I like the way he plays and seems to have better instincts with the ball in the air.

We have many unanswered questions. We won't know anything until OTA's and camp.

You said it Saint....this is what really needs to be talked about, because, without a defense, we will not do much at all this year, and we had NO DEFENSE at all last year. It reminded me of years ago under Carl Smith when we had NO OFFENSE at all. I could not have disagreed more with bringing in Ryan as our DC. We shall see....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom