Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter (1 Viewer)

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Jabari is the 6th rated cornerback in the NFL thus far, Tracy is the 21st.

So far, Jabari has been thrown at 9 times and only 2 went complete for 12 total yards. He's also 6th in the NFL in PD's. Only 22.2% of passes his way have gone completed.

Tracy has been thrown at 9 times and 4 went complete for 45 yards. He has no PD's. Only 44.4% of passes his way have gone completed.

Will Smith, is 2nd in the NFL with 3 QB hits at DE. Bad news, he's the 61st rated DE so far.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi...work=CB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Greer has looked exceptional. Porter has looked great.

I think we can thank WS and CG a lot for our great run D ranking so far. I think we'll start to see CG almost only on rushing downs and McCray in there for a lot of passing downs. It also looks like Hargrove has been getting some chances at DT.

Gay at a very respectable #24, and Eric King, who got abused by Brees, bringing up the rear at #116:hihi:.

Porter is only going to get better the more game experience he gets. This is still pretty much his rookie year as far as games played. This kid is going to be a stud.:9:

A few interesting things I'd like to point out are DeAngelo Hall is dead last at 117 and Ron Bartell, who the organization was really high on in the off-season ranks at 107.

This is a cool site and I'm bookmarking it now.

Greer has looked exceptional. Porter has looked great.

I think we can thank WS and CG a lot for our great run D ranking so far. I think we'll start to see CG almost only on rushing downs and McCray in there for a lot of passing downs. It also looks like Hargrove has been getting some chances at DT.
Yeah thats what i would have been doing for a while now. Last year it was obvious that McCray was one of the better pass rushers on your team if not the best.
I think we are in a similar situation with Kroy Biermann and Jamal Anderson. Anderson is good at stopping the run, but the dude NEVER gets sacks or even QB hits.
I don't know how CG is against the run, but he doesn't seem to have it when it comes to rushing the passer like McCray.

That same site has Roethlisberger ranked as #1 QB overall, and Peyton Manning as #10.

It also had Mike Bell ranked as the #35 running back in the league after 1 game, despite rushing for 140+ yards...meanwhile J. Norwood who had 2 rushes for 7 yards was ranked #3.

I'd take their rankings with a grain of salt.

The individual stats are certainly interesting though. (assuming they're accurate)

Last edited:
even more interesting is if you sort by coverage only, Jabari Greer jumps to #2 on the list behind Josh Wilson, Randall Gay is at #15, and Tracy Porter drops to #25

this system is by no means perfect, though. take for instance Nnamdi Asomugha . He's ranked #80 in coverage, but he's only been thrown at twice this season. both were completions for a grand total of only 19 yards, though one of them was a TD.

Eh, after closer look, the Site isn't complete yet. They only have two Week 2 Games counted up.

If you go to the QB Section and sort them by "Starts" you'll see they only have the NYJ/NE and TEN/HOU games counted.

So these are just basically Week 1 Stats. So all that tells us is the Detroit Lions suck lol

even more interesting is if you sort by coverage only, Jabari Greer jumps to #2 on the list behind Josh Wilson, Randall Gay is at #15, and Tracy Porter drops to #25

this system is by no means perfect, though. take for instance Nnamdi Asomugha . He's ranked #80 in coverage, but he's only been thrown at twice this season. both were completions for a grand total of only 19 yards, though one of them was a TD.

Two points: this site gives a very good statistical breakdown of NFL efficiency. It also offers proof that football is about so much more than stats.

i love me some greer and porter. i hope they stay healthy. Our secondary looks so different this year with sharper, greer, and porter healthy. they are great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom