Jabari Greer wasn't going to be a starter... (1 Viewer)

RaginKajun18

Very Banned
Reaction score
In Buffalo? That's about the dumbest thing I heard from the Bills fans all week. He was the best defensive back on the field today followed by Tracy Porter.

Shutting down Terrel Owens and Lee Evans isn't easy. With all of the blitzing we did today Williams put a ton of trust in those guys and they absolutely dominated the Bills receivers.

Jabari Greer is a top corner in the NFL and for the Bills fans to say he left because he wasn't going to start for them is just crazy and I am glad he proved it today.

Who DAT!!!

Maybe there was and I don't remember it, but I don't know how the free agent market for him wasn't bigger.

He had a monster game but I held my breath for a few seconds on that one play where he got turned around... 3-0 nonetheless :ezbill:

Buffalo pretty much shut down our passing game so the guys they have must be pretty good. Why ever they decided to part with him, I'm glad they did.

They do run a lot lot of cover two in Buffalo, and I don't know how his zone play is compared to his man. His lock down man to man coverage is much appreciated by us tho that is for sure. Thanks Buffalo and a special shout out to Ron Bartell for staying in St louie :9:

He is a bad mo fo, and the Bills held our passing attack because we ran the ball today. They tried to throw it and we shut them down.....

Easy cowboy - Leodis has played great this year - he was injured in this game, but has played really well so far. I don't think Jabari/Porter start over him.

Either way, our guys played great today and it sure helped to get a little pressure from the DL.

Jabari also had 6 tackles to lead the team today...

I'm not downplaying the Bills corners in a way but scheme wise the Saints corners were asked to do alot more today. Hard to guage what the Bills guys were doing when they were in zone most of the game.

What I am getting at it's hard to believe they have two guys better than what we saw out of Greer today.

The Bills corners are good. With the exception of Colston breaking down their zones here and there, they pretty much took away Drew's deep passes. We tried Henderson and Meachem deep a couple plays, and they had it well guarded. Props for Sean Payton recognizing this and sticking to the running game, and trusting Morestead's leg and our D.

greer and co. made T.O. non-existent for the first time in 183ish games..

Greer is a man-to-man guy and the Bills are a zone defense team. I remember when we signed him some Bills fans came over and told us that if we use him in man coverage he will be good for us, but that he didn't fit their scheme, so they drafted replacement guys.

Usually in zone coverage schemes you want taller bigger guys. Not shorter, quicker guys (who tend to do better in man coverage). Those bigger guys can range further in a zone that they have to cover. Think of a hockey goalie trying to be as big as he can to cover the net. In the Tampa2 (slightly diff cover2) you need those bigger guys to cover the edges in runs, so even worse to have Greer type players.

It's rare that you get BIG man cover guys. Look at Champ, he was only 6-0 192 and he was considered a freak of nature because he was considered big for a man cover guy. Nnamdi Asomugha isn't as good as Champ was in his prime, but he's another freak of nature. He's probably one of the best man cover guys in the NFL and is 6-2 210. That's rare.

For us, Greer is perfect. Put him on the WR and go get the QB. If Porter and Greer can become just good (not necessarily great) CBs and we learn how to bring pressure on the QB, we will have a pretty good pass defense. And Greer played better than good yesterday! He played GREAT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom