Jack Bauer Lives!!! (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome News!!!
=============================================================

Jack Bauer is officially back: FOX has confirmed its plans to bring "24" back to its airwaves next year.

The show will return in the summer of 2014 as an event series called "24: Live Another Day." Kiefer Sutherland has signed on to play Jack Bauer again, with the story picking up several years after the last season, which aired in 2009. There's no word yet on any other casting.....................

‘24’ will ‘Live Another Day’ in 2014, FOX confirms - Zap2it

The article did not mention it, but KS has a series going already called Touched. Wonder if that one is slated to end or he will work them both.

The article did not mention it, but KS has a series going already called Touched. Wonder if that one is slated to end or he will work them both.

Crossover, maybe? His son can flip out over the number 24 and that can lead them to Jack Bauer. Wouldn't be anymore farfetched than Heroes or Lost plots.

Going to rename it "12."

An article I read on Flipboard on my iPad said they are going to get away from one episode equaling 1 hour but the season will still span one full day.

Just started rewatching 24 from the beginning a few weeks ago. Just as good now as it was back then.

I remember talk about a possible 24 movie a while back. Guess that never happened.

If they make a movie it should be called 2.

Yeah KS's other show "Touch" was cancelled, opening the door for this. I remember they were still planning a movie for a long time but this is probably better, although the movie was meant to be a send off as I understood it but they can still accomplish that here. Kind of disappointed they are moving away from the traditional format but hey I always figured the timelines were unreasonable so this could be cool too. Definitely excited, it is an entertaining show to say the least.

I absolutely love this! I wonder how the story will go. Hopefully there is sort of a prelude in the first episode showing what Jack has been up to. My guess laying low and possibly getting a life together (job, wife, etc.). Only to be drawn out of hiding because of something (sort of like the start to season five). Or maybe it will be something along the lines of Jack doing work for another country or something like that. Perhaps allying with someone to expose an evil in the U.S. Gov. Those are my guesses haha

Much to my chagrin, Touch has been cancelled, so he'll only have "24" in production. I don't watch much TV and usually after the fact on HULU (so I probably didn't help its ratings :shrug:), but I really liked Touch. 24 is a good show as well, though, always well written. As long as they bring back the same smart writing, I'm for the show returning - just against the end of Touch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom