Jacksonville attendance (1 Viewer)

dbg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Even the cheeseheads barely showed up. Pretty disappointing but the locals don't go to Jacksonville games either. Not sure how long that franchise will be there.

Other than Washington, COVID not driving down attendance much.

Screenshot_20210913-171209_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I was at game, and hung out with a bunch of Packers fans at hotel, boat ride to stadium and at stadium.

First, the majority of the Pack fans I spoke with LIVE in Florida now. Apparently, 1/3 of Wisconsin has retired to Florida. ( Many Saints fans in the stands were not even NOLA natives, they are part of the growing National fan base, developed from being a top-notch, interesting franchise. You can tell who these fans were when the speakers start blaring The Hot Boys, and Master P songs. It is ok, we coached them up and by end of the game they were dancing well)

Second, the breakdown at the game was easily 70% Packer fans. Thank goodness the Saints slapped them in the face early and kept them very quiet. There were a few times the crowd tried to rally the Pack defense, but it did not work.

Finally, most Packer fans stayed deep into the 4th quarter before they started to leave in mass. Probably when Rogers was taken out. Of course the Saints fans did do a version of " Hey Hey, Good Bye....."

Packer fans are good people, fun to hang out with. They are the opposite of Philly fans, and other punk fans around the league.

Damn a lot of people in Atlanta went to witness that trainwreck :D
no way were that many folks in the stands, check highlights

watched much of the game, and on rare (carefully avoided?) shots of the crowd, mbd looked about half full

falcons org sending staffers to the turnstiles with stacks of tix

already $50 million in defaulted psls since mbd opening

I don’t believe those attendance numbers reflect actual butts in seats.
I saw a lot of empty seats at the KC
and other games.

Even the cheeseheads barely showed up. Pretty disappointing but the locals don't go to Jacksonville games either. Not sure how long that franchise will be there.

Other than Washington, COVID not driving down attendance much.

Screenshot_20210913-171209_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Very true about the locals when it comes to the jags. I lived there when it was Alltel stadium. The only time it was packed was during the coughlin run in the late 90's. ...after that they had a few down years and ran Tom off.

Del Rio came in ...stadium looked horrible for televised games it was so empty so they tarped the top parts of the stadium

"Before the 2005 season, mainly due to low attendance figures and looming blackouts, team officials installed a series of tarps to reduce the seating capacity for Jaguars games. The covers were placed to block out seven sections in the upper north end zone and four in each upper deck section, located on the corners of each. This puts 9,703 seats out of service, leaving the stadium with 66,851 seats for the regular season"

The interesting thing I felt when I lived there was you knew there was a professional football team, but that was it....more like cool, ok, yeah. Gators run this town and the Gator/Bulldog game is far more important.

People used to give away their tickets outside the stadium. I used to turn down free tickets from friends. It just was not the thing to do for most locals on sunday vs NO locals and the saints.

I still to this day have no clue how they've lasted there for so long.

I was at game, and hung out with a bunch of Packers fans at hotel, boat ride to stadium and at stadium.

First, the majority of the Pack fans I spoke with LIVE in Florida now. Apparently, 1/3 of Wisconsin has retired to Florida. ( Many Saints fans in the stands were not even NOLA natives, they are part of the growing National fan base, developed from being a top-notch, interesting franchise. You can tell who these fans were when the speakers start blaring The Hot Boys, and Master P songs. It is ok, we coached them up and by end of the game they were dancing well)

Second, the breakdown at the game was easily 70% Packer fans. Thank goodness the Saints slapped them in the face early and kept them very quiet. There were a few times the crowd tried to rally the Pack defense, but it did not work.

Finally, most Packer fans stayed deep into the 4th quarter before they started to leave in mass. Probably when Rogers was taken out. Of course the Saints fans did do a version of " Hey Hey, Good Bye....."

Packer fans are good people, fun to hang out with. They are the opposite of Philly fans, and other punk fans around the league.
And here's a good number of snow birds among the wealthy in Wisconsin who live their summers in Wisconsin and their winters in Florida, just like all the snow birds from New York, New Jersey, Michigan, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom