Jacksonville away game? Recs? (1 Viewer)

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My wife wants to run a half marathon in Jekyll Island, GA (70 miles north of Jax) the day before the Saints play in Jacksonville. I figured if we're that close, we might as well drive down and go to the game.

Questions:

1. Who's going?
2. What is there to do in Jacksonville the night before?
3. Omni Jacksonville an okay place to stay?
4. Any other "must do" things in the area? I thought about staying in Amelia Island, but that seems like a haul pre and post game.

Thanks!

My wife wants to run a half marathon in Jekyll Island, GA (70 miles north of Jax) the day before the Saints play in Jacksonville. I figured if we're that close, we might as well drive down and go to the game.

Questions:

1. Who's going?
2. What is there to do in Jacksonville the night before?
3. Omni Jacksonville an okay place to stay?
4. Any other "must do" things in the area? I thought about staying in Amelia Island, but that seems like a haul pre and post game.

Thanks!

Jacksonville’s new stadium is awesome....though the area around is just blah concrete and parking lots.

On the River, walking distance to the stadium, is The Landing.

It’s pretty famous and has everything.

I’m going, but I will be staying in Jax Beach. My buddy has a beach house out there??

Get drunk in Jax beach and hit up What-a-burger on the way home. Thats my plan when I go this year.

I live in Jax and will be there with 12 family members. The Omni is very nice. No concerts or shows that weekend. Really only thing to do is go out to dinner. Skip the Landing, it’s right across the street from the Omni but has gotten kinda trashy at night. Best bet is to go to the San Marco area for a nice meal or hit the beach for the day and have a meal out there before coming back in to stay at Omni.
Google San Marco or Beaches restaurants.
You can actually walk to stadium but it’s a ways from Omni. I think there are shuttles to stadium from somewhere near the hotel. Ask them when you make reservation.

We're headed up for the game. No actual plans other than being there the night before to party.

I lived in Jacksonville for 2 years, it’s a great city for Football.

That being said, don’t stay anywhere near the stadium or The Landing. They actually had several shootings there recently and it’s slowly starting to shutdown; reports are that Seaworld bought it and is going to be rebuilding the entire area.

I suggest Neptune / Atlantic beach; both are great areas and lots to do within walking distance

use to live off of Atlantic and Kernan. Jacksonville is boring. I use to watch all the Saints and Tigers games at Gumbo Yayas on Beach blvd. Other than that, as an earlier poster said, stay away from all parts of the North side near the stadium. Its infested with crack,crooks, and prostitutes that look like death.

My recommendation would be pick another road game. I was very underwhelmed with Jacksonville altogether. If you're going just for the game though, I suppose it wouldn't be all that bad. There just isn't (or wasn't ten years ago) much of anything to do.

My advice would be to skip Jacksonville and go down to St. Augustine. Amelia Island has some pretty good restaurants. It’s a little over 40 miles into Jacksonville, but it’s a lot safer than Jacksonville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom