Jacksonville to play 2 home games in London (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps someone in the Jacksonville area can comment, but Jacksonville just announced that it will be playing two home games this year in London. The games will be played on consecutive Sundays. The announcement made reference to some construction taking place. Giving up two home games certainly puts Jacksonville at a competitive disadvantage and is a statement to free agents wanting to play on a playoff contender.

I think there's been moves to making Jax a 'home' team of sorts for London for a few years. Not a fan of the idea myself, but obviously it's their business model and ultimately up to them unless the fans stop coming and paying.

This has been happening for years. They average 30-40k per home game there, thus the decision to play 2 games abroad. I bet the team makes more in gate revenue in London.
Especially with the conversion rate. This isn't surprising, doesn't the owner of the Jags have ties to London.

This has been happening for years. They average 30-40k per home game there, thus the decision to play 2 games abroad. I bet the team makes more in gate revenue in London.
Are they still putting a giant tarp over huge sections of seats so they can claim their games are sellouts? Or have the rules about blackouts changed and they don't have to worry about that anymore?

So basically 8 road games for them. Lucky them?
Staying in London for two games is absolutely not an advantage but a huge distraction. Players with families like home games so they can sleep in their own bed and be with famliy. Goodell is destroying this game.

I would imagine that would have an adverse affect on the Jacksonville economy.

So basically 8 road games for them. Lucky them?
Staying in London for two games is absolutely not an advantage but a huge distraction. Players with families like home games so they can sleep in their own bed and be with famliy. Goodell is destroying this game.
This is not the biggest issue with Goodell, I think. Slight overstatement

You can believe money is the driving force. They'll probably double the money they get in Jacksonville. Don't be surprised if they just move the team there outright in the next year or two. Goodell desperately wants a team there, and Jacksonville is the most likely candidate between the ownership tie, the dwindling fan base, and their older stadium.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom