Jacob Hester as Mr. Irrelevant? (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
I know some 'experts' expect him to go low, but do you think he'd really fall this far?
http://www.drafttek.com/round72008.html

I never envisaged Flynn being picked ahead of him. Alright maybe I'm a homer, but Hester is all heart. He is so versatile, and I would be really annoyed if the Saints had a chance on him in the seventh and passed.

I think he deserves 4th to early 6th.

This mock draft also has Chevis in the 6th. Alright, I'm still a homer, but he should be a 2nd rounder.

I hope Hester has a great combine and goes where his talent, heart, and drive deserve.

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Yea no doubt I'd say 5th round...but from 4-6th. Anywhere in the 7th round would be a slap in the face. I believe LSU over used Hester, but in any estimation he was still a huge part of our offense. He's just like Brian Leonard...he got picked fairly high. I'm gonna say Hester to the Saints in early RD. 5.

rjackson57

Reaction score
This may not be a popular sentiment on this board, however, I find Hester to be quite over-rated. I was more impressed with the backs behind him in the LSU lineup. He does have value and will contribute at the next level but not as a starter in my opinion.

Danneaux

Proud NRA Member
Reaction score
I was very surprised Hester measured just under 5-11 and 230.

I actually thought he was smaller.

Probably a good late round prospect. He looks like he could add about 10 to 15 pounds and be a decent FB/'RB hybrid. He has great balance and vision.

sycamoresaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
someone will take him in the late 4th early 5th. everyone knows the guy plays at 110%, knows the game extremely well, and is tremendously versatile. i am not an lsu homer, but i think that he will have a good carreer in the nfl based on work ethic alone.

E-Man

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But ,you're not thinking about what a great special teams player he was ,go back and look at the number of tackles he made on special teams and they could use a short yardage back.

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Trying to predict who Mr. Irrelevant will be is near impossible. That being said, anyone who is a late-round prospect could go from round 4 to UDFA. Someone will like Hester's size and think they could do something with him; he'll probably get drafted somewhere around the 5th or 6th.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love Hester as early as the 5th - provided we at least made an attempt to shore up the defense (FA not withstanding). I think we could really use him as a Karney/Thomas hybrid. I also think he could bring some more fire to this offense, maybe help get everyone ready to play.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I wouldn't draft Hester in any round, he is at best a special teams contributor. The best he will ever be is a Gleason, and he may not get to that level.

yotd576

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Based on what he did in college I wouldn't be surprised to see him at around a 4th. For some reason I don't think he'll have good combine numbers and he'll drop. I think someone is gonna take a chance on him and turn him into a FB.

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
Hester will have a great 10 years in the NFL and could be one of the steals of the draft. i am not even a LSU homer.

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't draft Hester in any round, he is at best a special teams contributor. The best he will ever be is a Gleason, and he may not get to that level.
?? A Bama fan ??

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hester will be a FB in the NFL, that is the position he played in the Senior Bowl
He will be a great third down back, ala Kevin Faulk of the Patriots... he can block, get the short yardage, catch the ball and play very good special teams....

If any team is looking for a good FB, then Hester will be on there radar....

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know one thing...teams will look at those gaudy fumble per carry numbers and be interested. I'm not sure that he could fit in with just any team since he seems to fit the powerback role but he's a little undersized. I don't know if he can play FB, and I don't know how his speed compares to other NFL elite players. If he has the speed to play special teams in the NFL, he'll probably get drafted based on his yards after contact and ability to hold onto the football in traffic. If he can run a solid 40 time and can show scouts his good hands out of the backfield, he'll get drafted in the middle rounds. If not, maybe a 6-7th or undrafted free agent. I think, no matter what, he'll be on an NFL roster next year.

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
He would be a perfect fit for the Patriots.

615saint

I add nothing
Reaction score
How does Hester's draft stock measure up to that kid from Tulane?

imo, if we are looking to pickup a RB and both are available, I would grab the Tulane guy - and I am a LSU homer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom