Jacob Hester as the Saints FB? (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see Jacob Hester as the Saint's next possible fullback?

• Yes

Votes: 64 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 200 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd rather have a couple of those lineman who opened holes so hugh a back like Hester could get through untouched and then taken down by the LB's and DB's.

Any of LSU's DB's would be preferable to Jenkins that many are making a big deal about.

Highsmith is a 2nd round pick, Doucet 1st round pick, Jackson 2nd round pick, Steltz 4th.

Believe me, I know. I was being sarcastic, summarizing some BS that has been posted recently about LSU prospects.

Even if we had FB as a need why would you go after Hester who is not a fullback? If the Saints picked him up all he would be is a camp body.

He would probably be strictly a special teams player initially. But I have a gut feeling he's going to be a solid player for some team, even if it's not in a team's backfield.

Like the posts above, not trying to be rude, but no way. We have a GREAT fullback in Karney and, honestly, I don't think Hester has the body to be a true NFL fullback. Too small. Look at Karney then look at Hester. They are light years away in body type. Hester needs about 20lbs of muscle to take the pounding a true FB does in the NFL. Now, if he goes undrafted and we pick him up? I have no problem with that. I can't question his heart and desire, however, that doesn't always translate into success on the highest level against the most talented guys. Sorry, love LSU, but Hester is no kind of fit for the Saints.

Not as a fullback, no.

If he is an UDFA rookie, I'd be polite and invite him to camp and see whether or not I could find a role for him.

Fullback? No.

Back-up Running Back? Hell yea.

Why FB? Is that what he is labeled at LSU? He's a power RB. Why would some of you not want him on the Saints roster at all? Weird.

Hester seems like a fullback type of player playing the halfback position. Sort of like Jerome Bettis. (not comparing his talents to Bettis though)

Nah...Matt Flynn as the next cornerback. :hihi: Poking fun at myself

Believe me, I know. I was being sarcastic, summarizing some BS that has been posted recently about LSU prospects.
I knew you were sarcastic, I was making that clear to the non sarcastic people.

I like the thought of hester on the team, although not replacing karney. solid special teams player, big strong guy that can run, can catch the ball, and doesnt fumble. I can see us keeping

deuce
bush
thomas
hester
karney

with hester as a fill in for rb if needed or at fb if needed. I think he presents good value for the position he will be drafted at.

Jacob Hester is a beast. He's better than Brian Leanard who was drafted in Round 2 by the Rams last year. They are about the same size but Hester runs with so much more passion and he's fearless. I think if he's available in round 4+, he'd be a steal for any team. I would love to have him instead of antoher tight end on the roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom