jacob hester (1 Viewer)

not a big lsu fan any way can careless if they won a championship are not its all about the who dat for me

stopgrammartimeea9.gif

NFL network had him #1 of all fullbacks, they had said he's like a bigger, faster version of brian leonard from rutgers.

Hester is neither bigger nor faster than Leonard.

The main problem with Hester is that he lacks a position, and not in the same way that Leonard lacked a position. Leonard lacked a position in a good way - he can play RB and FB. Hester lacks a position in a bad way - he might not be able to play either, at least not as a full-time starter. That hurts him.

i think he will do good on any team that drafts him, if they give him a chance, i think some people are seriously underrating this guy just because they dont like hearing about lsu and their national championship, i guess a championship in college doesn't count for anything, i think it shows potential, and not everyone on that team last year is going to make it big time in the nfl, but i think he is one that will, i know that success in college doesn't exactly equal success in the pros, but id give him a season or 2 before writing him off and not even having a chance to prove himself

Last edited:
i think he will do good on any team that drafts him, if they give him a chance, i think some people are seriously underrating this guy just because they dont like hearing about lsu and their national championship, i guess a championship in college doesn't count for anything, i think it shows potential, and not everyone on that team last year is going to make it big time in the nfl, but i think he is one that will, i know that success in college doesn't exactly equal success in the pros, but id give him a season or 2 before writing him off and not even having a chance to prove himself

Of course Hester has potential, that's why he's going to be drafted. He's just not the top FB prospect.

I don't think anyone dislikes Hester, but he doesn't have a spot on the Saint's roster. Cutting Stecker for an unproven tweener is a terrible idea (I know you didn't say it).

I think Hester is a Fb/ TE hybrid and will revive the FB position in the NFL. He is like Cooley for the redskins.

Owen Schmitt would destroy them all. No question in my mind.
Let them run right at each other and see who's left standing.
My money's on the guy who's screwed up 10 face masks.
My guess, Hester still has 0.

I don't think Hester is anything like Cooley from what I've seen of Cooley.

I would pick Hester in a New York second. I would pick him in a later round but if he is there later in the draft you would be foolish not to pick him. The dude is a football player plain and simple. He is the kind of guy that you draft and find a spot for him later. He will find a way to make the final 53. He could not beat out Karney for the fullback spot but he would be a good backup. I think they would have to put some pounds on him for fullback but it is a thought. There is no doubt in my mind that he can play RB and might just be able to be the pounding back we need to compliment Reggie. I would take Hester over Pierre and Stecker as our pounding back if Duece were injured or cannot come back. He would also be a monster on special teams. I know this reeks of homerisim but I would even pick Steltz. He is a headhunter at safety and smart. He cannot do any worse than what we have had back thier the last two years. He would also be a special teams murderer. If you have seen these two play, they play with everything they have and best of all they knock a snot bubble out of you. Both will be successfull in the NFL so why not with us?

does anybody know what round jacob hester is supposed to go in and do you think he would be a good addition to the saints

I get the idea that he is considered a 5th-6th round guy. I don't think there is room for him on the Saints. Karney is nearly pro-bowl level fullback and they seem to like Dudley.

Not really any room for him behind Deuce, Reggie, Pierre & Stecker either.

But, I did admire the way he played at LSU (even though I am not an LSU fan). He'll make somebody's team and probably be a decent 3rd down back.

I think he might get drafted in the 7th by a team with extra picks (comp picks), but I don't see a team using a pick on him otherwise. he's too much of a tweener, and not nearly good enough at either position. I think if he's not drafted, he'll certainly be signed, but then he will be cut. I don't see him on an opening day roster this year. I think he has a good chance of making a practice squad, and perhaps next year playing on special teams. And I'm no hater..I paid dearly to be at the BCS game...

a tweener? since when is he not good enough to play rb? when he won the championship? 4.6 isnt fast enough to play running back? like i said in the peyton hillis thread, tell that to the team that plans on drafting mike hart in the 4th round, why does everyone automatically assume or want a guy to be a fullback because of a melanin deficiency but i wouldn't mind him or matt forte to be on our roster IF deuce wasn't there and would take either one over stecker

I think he might get drafted in the 7th by a team with extra picks (comp picks), but I don't see a team using a pick on him otherwise. he's too much of a tweener, and not nearly good enough at either position. I think if he's not drafted, he'll certainly be signed, but then he will be cut. I don't see him on an opening day roster this year. I think he has a good chance of making a practice squad, and perhaps next year playing on special teams. And I'm no hater..I paid dearly to be at the BCS game...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom