Jacob Phillips (1 Viewer)

larrywllc

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like alot of die hard saints were very upset last night after the draft selection of a center. Then i started thinking the game of football is won in the trenches of the offensive and defensive lines. So i think after Kennerh Murray was taken and the high cap number and sub par play of Larry Warford i think they trade Wardaddy in the 2nd rd plus future picks and move up to draft Jacob Phillips the other lsu linebacker . I believe he played just as well as Queen who i wanted them to draft . Anybody got any thoughts on Jacob Phillips

bthomas1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I hope not his draft bio say he slow to react got tight hips and does not cover well.

MLU

Reaction score
Every player has a weakness. Just because Jacob's is coverage doesnt mean he can't. It's just the facet of his game that he needs to work on. I can tell you that he started playing football as soon as he set foot on campus in BR and he almost never misses tackles.

sm504

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm a massive LSU fan and I don't think Phillips is the guy. He was the number 1 rated MLB coming out of HS and never really popped on film or took over games. He seems to be getting by on his recruit ranking imo. I don' think he is a bad player by any means, but I think we could do much better in the 2nd round. Phillips has all the measurables, but I think Baun and Gay are better prospects.

sgilbert313

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Before the mock drafts started coming out I would think a lot of people thought that Phillips was better than Queen....

la. champ1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I hope not his draft bio say he slow to react got tight hips and does not cover well.

Phillips was outstanding at LSU against top competition. Don’t buy the slow to react nonsense. Can’t say he was the best in coverage but did not see that he was terrible or constant liability at all in that category. I’d gladly take him as a LB.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Some of the less impressive Uber athletic linebackers at LSU tend to be impressive in the NFL. Phillips could definitely be a better pro than he was at LSU.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Phillips is going to be a solid player that could develop into a good LB in the NFL. But, given his current limitations in coverage and lack of size, he's probably more of a 3rd or 4th round pick. Not a guy you trade up into round 2 for. But hey I could be wrong and NFL teams know more than I do.

BIGRON

EASY
Reaction score
Zack Baun is the best LB on the board. He's on my wish list if we can pull off the trade up.

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Makes sense with Warford, but it takes two to tango.

Is there a team out there that would do that?

And if it happens, I like Baun a lot....but I LOVE Greenard.

I know he’s ranked around 80-100, but my eyes see a completely different player, totally dominant all season, especially against great teams.

If we got him I would lose my sheet.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Not sure if y'all are aware but he won't be drafted on day 2.

So to say to craft a trade up to get him would be quite the disaster of a move.

He projects to a 5th/6th rounder and a special teams player probably for years to come.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

He projects to a 5th/6th rounder and a special teams player probably for years to come.

You were saying? He was just drafted in the 3rd round by Cleveland. I could be wrong but isn't today the 2nd day of the draft?

sss1

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom