Jacob Tamme 4.57/40 (1 Viewer)

STHornet

THE YOUNG PRESIDENT
Reaction score
We nned to pick him up. He is going to be a great player in the league.

no, because he is a good overall player.

Well I've been saying we should get him if he is there on the second day for a while now. If only he was a little bigger...

Well I've been saying we should get him if he is there on the second day for a while now. If only he was a little bigger...

He's 6-5 240.

The upside on him is Dallas Clark. I'd love to have Tamme.

I have been impressed with Tamme for a while, but you like to see how these guys do with their measurables because sometimes these guys look so good because of the talent they play against. Tamme running a 4.5/40 is huge. It tells you that he really was fast. The guy has very good hands (perfect in the gaunlet) and runs good routes. He's married already, which usually is a sign of maturity in a player. He has a lot going for him, draft-wise.

I have been impressed with Tamme for a while, but you like to see how these guys do with their measurables because sometimes these guys look so good because of the talent they play against. Tamme running a 4.5/40 is huge. It tells you that he really was fast. The guy has very good hands (perfect in the gaunlet) and runs good routes. He's married already, which usually is a sign of maturity in a player. He has a lot going for him, draft-wise.

He was an Academic All-American as well.

I have no idea where the "experts" are ranking him right now but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him in the third round in the slightest.

He played in the SEC. He's one of the big reasons Kentucky beat LSU this year (I hated him then but would love to have him now). But you're right about checking players' measurables. Although, some guys have better field speed than 40 times.

Well, in all fairness he was abusing Craig Stelz who doesn't exactly excel at coverage. That's why I was holding off on commenting about the guy. I had only seen a couple Kentucky games and it's not enough for me to really comment or covet him. After his workout though, that has changed. We can let Eric Johnson go, retain Billy Miller and draft Joe Tamme and we're looking good at TE next season, IMO.

He's 6-5 240.

He measured 6'3 1/2 at the combine. Didn't catch his weight because they took it off the screen too fast.

Well, in all fairness he was abusing Craig Stelz who doesn't exactly excel at coverage. That's why I was holding off on commenting about the guy. I had only seen a couple Kentucky games and it's not enough for me to really comment or covet him. After his workout though, that has changed. We can let Eric Johnson go, retain Billy Miller and draft Joe Tamme and we're looking good at TE next season, IMO.
That would be nice. There are a lot of solid TEs in the draft this year though and I wouldn't want to use too high of a pick to draft one if there is potential on defense.

He's 6-5 240.

Well if we are going by Wikipedia then Dallas Clark is 6'3" 256lbs.... when I said I wish he was a little bigger I meant muscle wise

Still though, I could definitely see this guy being as big an impact player as Clark... Plus I think I read that Tamme got 3 perfect Wonderlic scores when doing practice tests.

Well if we are going by Wikipedia then Dallas Clark is 6'3" 256lbs.... when I said I wish he was a little bigger I meant muscle wise

Probably. I haven't watched the combine yet so I didn't get to eyeball his frame, but I suspect he can add some more muscle without losing any speed. That's a correctable problem.

in 4 years his longest catch is 40 yards. not too great. on the flip side he has zero fumbles on his stat sheet and has improved his numbers every year.

Tamme doesn't have a lot of room on his frame I think meaning that he's not going to be able to add a lot of bulk without slowing himself down. However he'll still be faster than most TE's. He will need to really commit to be a decent blocker, but even then I don't think he'll ever be any better than a FB would be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom