Jacoby Brissett tore a thumb ligament, may need surgery- Eddleman May Start @ QB (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
The Patriots had wide receiver Julian Edelman as their backup quarterback last night. He might have to start next week.

According to Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com, Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissett suffered a torn thumb ligament in the second half of last night’s win over the Texans, and may need surgery to stabilize the injury.

That’s a huge blow for the Patriots, one game before Tom Brady’s return from suspension. Jimmy Garoppolo was inactive last night because of his shoulder injury.

The Patriots brought T.J. Yates and Sean Renfree in last week to look at potential depth signings, and they may need to add one to get them through their final Brady-less game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/23/report-jacoby-brissett-tore-a-thumb-ligament-may-need-surgery/

Swimmer, you could start for the Pats and they would still win. No way are they trading for a QB for 1 week. Brady comes back week 5.

No. No team would trade us anything for a 35 year old career back up quarterback.

Plus, as Rob said, Brady comes back after week 4.

Pretty sure they'd just go ahead and sign TJ Yates before giving up anything for McCown. He's servicable, and has a playoff win on his resume'.

Swimmer, you could start for the Pats and they would still win.

LMAO: As long as all I had to do was take the snap and hand off instantaneously, then maybe a win. But if one of those DTs even landed on me, it would IR and morphine for me :9:

What's the nfl record for number of quarterbacks to win a game for a team in a season???

More opportunities for Belichick to prove he's the best coach in football. He can bring back the single wing formation for a week, and still beat the Ryans!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom