Jacques Reeves CB, Cowboys to visit Saints... (1 Viewer)

His nickname on the team was "Toast" come on Loomis we can do better than this guy. Just cause Gibs coached him elsewhere before does not mean we need to bring him in.

I agree with everyone. Reeves is certainly not the answer and does not represent an upgrade. If Samuel is both visiting and expected to sign with Philly, we must go after a guy like Florence or check into a trade for Sheppard. Law is too old and Reeves is just not the answer.

I think we are trying to make the Corner back spot better as a group, not just at the starting spots......if he can earn a starting spot then he deserves it, but I wouldnt just hand him one....

So, we don't go after (or lose out on) Samuel and this is the answer? Gimme a break!

Reeves is not a bad corner, he just isnt the corner you guys wanted the Saints to go after...but the Saints arent the only team thats looking at him.....we need capable corners to team with with this more athletic front seven.....there spending wisely in my opinion...cornes are like runningbacks, you can find talent in any round, but the special one's are few and far between.

Guys he is a 16 game starter last year. Bring him in. He is what 25?

I think we are trying to make the Corner back spot better as a group, not just at the starting spots......if he can earn a starting spot then he deserves it, but I wouldnt just hand him one....

I agree with this.

Fred Thomas is 34, Jason Craft is 32, Mike McKenzie will be 32 in a month and is coming off a knee injury. Jason David is young but he struggled and Usama Young is inexperienced.

If Reeves is somebody that can come in and compete for a roster spot, what can it possibly hurt? I'd rather the team take a shotgun approach than to pin all hopes on key acquisitions and risk losing out entirely. They can still compete for Samuels and hedge bets somewhat by looking at other players, too. It isn't necessarily an either/or.

have fun with that human third down conversion...glad he, apparently, wont be dallas' problem anymore..

Reeves is not a bad corner, he just isnt the corner you guys wanted the Saints to go after...but the Saints arent the only team thats looking at him.....we need capable corners to team with with this more athletic front seven.....there spending wisely in my opinion...cornes are like runningbacks, you can find talent in any round, but the special one's are few and far between.

Dude trust me when I say this... I live North of Dallas, and my in-laws are all die hard cowpatty fans... so I get to watch some of their games against my will... Reeves is terrible.

I do understand what you're saying... I'm not discrediting your statement... but from watching these bums play alot the past season I can tell you that they hate Reeves... because he is terrible.

Dude trust me when I say this... I live North of Dallas, and my in-laws are all die hard cowpatty fans... so I get to watch some of their games against my will... Reeves is terrible.

I do understand what you're saying... I'm not discrediting your statement... but from watching these bums play alot the past season I can tell you that they hate Reeves... because he is terrible.

I hear you....but its depth and talent we are looking for, we need to get younger in the secondary as a unit....I don think we are looking at him to be a "up and comer" but help with depth..he has starting experience and knows Gary Gibbs defense.

I hear you....but its depth and talent we are looking for, we need to get younger in the secondary as a unit....I don think we are looking at him to be a "up and comer" but help with depth..he has starting experience and knows Gary Gibbs defense.

We need starters before we can worry about depth.

We need starters before we can worry about depth.

there arent any starters out there, how can we/you be mad at the Saints because the market is dry......I will say this though, after reading this little snippet on Rotoworld.com....he may not be a good look for us...

In addition to the Texans, free agent CB Jacques Reeves has set up visits with the Rams, Chiefs, and Saints.

It helps to play on a good team. Reeves has proven he's no better than a league average nickel corner, but he'll be paid like a starter, possibly like an

there arent any starters out there, how can we/you be mad at the Saints because the market is dry......I will say this though, after reading this little snippet on Rotoworld.com....he may not be a good look for us...

In addition to the Texans, free agent CB Jacques Reeves has set up visits with the Rams, Chiefs, and Saints.

It helps to play on a good team. Reeves has proven he's no better than a league average nickel corner, but he'll be paid like a starter, possibly like an
Because there is probably not a team in the NFL that needs CB help as much as us and we did not step up in the Samuel sweepstakes. We need to do what it takes to find STARTERS. If that means via trade, then that is what we need to do. We cannot sit back and accept the Jason Davids of the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom