Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (3 Viewers)

Currently the Saints have 9 DTs and five DEs going into training camp. They have to sign someone just from a camp body standpoint. Might as well kick the tires on Clowney, Griffen, Wake, Bennett and anyone else available. I doubt UFA Gus Cumberland is the answer.

Holder is a decent source but Rappaport doesn't know the first thing that’s happening within the Saints organization.

Also, just because Larry doesn’t know it doesn’t mean there isn’t mutual interest
Holder has never been reliable but Nader hasn't either.

I can't see Clowney not signing with Cleveland at this point. They are offering the money he desires. Nobody will come close to matching the amount or the length of the deal.

One of my former employees was a cousin of Clowney’s , but I’m sure he wouldn’t have any insight on his situation.

Currently the Saints have 9 DTs and five DEs going into training camp. They have to sign someone just from a camp body standpoint. Might as well kick the tires on Clowney, Griffen, Wake, Bennett and anyone else available. I doubt UFA Gus Cumberland is the answer.

DE
1. Cam Jordan
2. Marcus Davenport
3. Trey Hendrickson
4. Carl Granderson
5. Mario Edwards Jr
6. Margus Hunt
7. Gus Cumberlander

DT
1. David Onyemata
2. Sheldon Rankins
3. Malcom Brown
4. Shy Tuttle
5. Taylor Stallworth
6. Jalen Dalton
7. Malcolm Roach

Wake? Wake? He is on Social Security I believe.

I haven't comment since my post. But my take is kind of hard to think this is ever going to happen. For one thing, Clowney wants more money. How is he going to risk himself and sign for one year? I get the idea of wanting a ring but he could of sign with Seattle for one year too. Seattle is still a contender. So it is odd for him to sign a cheaper one year deal to play with us when he can sign for way more money somewhere else. Right now this story is too odd and doesn't seem to get any traction from national media.

Is he capable of playing OLB in a 3-4 or is he strictly DL? I know we run a hybrid defense, so I’m thinking maybe he could play Will in some 3-4 packages while Davis slides inside

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom