Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (3 Viewers)

It would be cool if we got him but I'm not getting my hopes up (again). I've been around long enough to see a ton of 50+ page threads about a potential signing that went nowhere.
Yeah, as much as it would be nice to have him, the lack of reputable reports makes this feel unlikely,

If we go after one of these DEs: Clowney, Griffen, Wake, Bennett, I'm pretty sure that especially amongst experienced vets, SP and Loomis will be sure to bring in a high character, team 1st player. Who of this bunch fits that the best?

Personally, I like Griffen. I hated when he played against us. Never seen him take a play off, even when he didn't make the tackle or sack, he is always was around the ball or creating havoc elsewhere for his teammates to make the play. `He's one tough and smart DE and plays the run excellent.

Hendrickson. Examples in the 9:09, 10:27,11:03, 11:53 points in this video. Two of them are Hendrickson sacks.

I may have misunderstood. I thought you meant Jordan and Davenport both moved inside simultaneously. I figured Hendrickson was on the outside. I was looking for the other outside DE on such formation. But again, I may have misunderstood.

clowney was doubled a lot last year because seattle pass rush outside him was putrid. I believe thats the reason for the low sack total Plus he was a non factor in our game because of big RAM . dude is an elite rusher I hope they sign him.

Currently the Saints have 9 DTs and five DEs going into training camp. They have to sign someone just from a camp body standpoint. Might as well kick the tires on Clowney, Griffen, Wake, Bennett and anyone else available. I doubt UFA Gus Cumberland is the answer.
We did just sign Anthony Chickillo.

DE: Jordan, Davenport, Hendrickson, Chickillo, Granderson, Cumberlander

Mario Edwards, Mitchell Loewan, Malcolm Roach and Margus Hunt all have DE/DT flexibility, and honestly so did Sheldon Rankin as a rookie (before 2 leg injuries)
Also, Zach Baun will probably get some DE reps too.

From a camp body standpoint we're probably ok.
That's not to say we shouldn't add Clowney, Griffen, Wake, etc.

One of my former employees was a cousin of Clowney’s , but I’m sure he wouldn’t have any insight on his situation.

That’s not how threads like this work. You are supposed to use your tenuous-at-best link to Clowney to create a narrative that definitively puts Clowney in a Saints uniform this season.

I think we’re also missing a person who’s best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Clowney at the airport today.

Bring him on down. We need a Beast opposite Cam J. Saints dont hve that yet IMO. I will be pumped if Loomis get Clowney in the blk n gold.

That's one of my favorite videos. I hadn't seen it in a long time. Thank you so much for sharing it. Made my morning.
My wife is from Cleveland and I always used to give her a hard time with that video.

“we’re not Detroit!”

Ha, yea, it's so good. Not trying to derail this thread further, but have you seen parts 2 and 3? If not, enjoy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom