Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (3 Viewers)

If we were able to add that athletic freak to the defense line, we would by far have the best team in the NFL going into next season. We may already be that though.

DE: Cam Jordan, Trey Hendrickson
DT: Sheldon Rankins, Shy Tuttle
DT: David Onyemata, Malcom Brown
DE: Jadeveon Clowney, Marcus Davenport

We would have the best defensive line by far if we don’t already. That’s just the two deep, we also have Margus Hunt and Mario Edwards as well. I would love to see Clowney & Davenport at defensive end with Rankins/Onyemata & Jordan at defensive tackle on obvious passing situations. That would be down right nasty

I just don’t see it happening cause of the depth we already have on the defensive line and the money it would take to sign him. But the longer he stays unsigned the more likely he just signs a cheap 1 year deal for a shot at a ring.

I still think we could use a corner, but we didn’t seem to even try to sign Eli Apple who I thought would of been a perfect signing. So hopefully Deatrick Nichols, Tino Ellis, or Keith Washington show that they can play.

Last edited:
I'm not blown away by Clowney at all. He has shown glimpses of dominance but he hasn't been able to sustain it. So if we were talking about a huge multi year deal then I couldn't get behind that. But on a one year prove it deal? Absolutely. He's the exact type of player you'd want to get on a prove it deal.

Get the man opposite Jordan and the rest of the talent up front being coached by one of the best D Line coaches in the league, I could see him having a major impact.

what do you consider a “prove it” deal for him though? I doubt he signs here for any less than 8-10mil on a 1 year deal.

i still think we could swing that, though - and it would be worth it.
At what cost?? We are projected to be around $46M over the cap next year. A deal with Clowney would probably have some cap carryover into 2021 to get it done. If we are 35 to 50M over the cap next year then this thing of ours may be coming to an end. And imagine if the cap goes down next year by around $20M due to covid?? I'm not a fan of going "all in" for one year and sacrifice the future. Just ask Rams fans how they are feeling now. I would rather use our space to carryover into 2021 with all of the uncertainty regarding the future.

But what do you think about green eggs and ham?
Like them better than BSPN. At least the eggs wouldn’t lie to me saying they’re blue, instead of green. BSPN on the other hand, builds his brand on lies. And it’s sad too, bc I’ve watched/listened to his podcast, and this dude has a great podcast voice. He just can’t stop with the lies unfortunately. But then again, that’s the problem with compulsive liars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom