Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (2 Viewers)

I do not care for that fool BSPN.
Neither do I, just passing along the information.

The poster I quoted was asking if Incarcerated Bob was the one threatening to fight people after being called out for wrong information and to my knowledge he hasn’t; meanwhile BSPN has which is why I mentioned him since the poster I relied to may have gotten them mixed up.

****NEVER FORGET****

[BSPN-Bryan Bienemy thread].....dude steals your valuable time from you!!!! But if you like to follow a blind man, then more power to you.

AND....Mike D has already confirmed that Clowney’s agent has pretty called every team to gauge interest, so what this fool is saying isn’t anything new. He’s just taking what Mike D said and adding his own spin to it.

So local radio personality, who is affiliated with Bryan/BSPN, has a claim that is corroborated by Incarcerated Bob...

I know most universities are closed for physical classes, but you can still come online here and enroll in "Destroying Credibility 101" for free

Markus Golden can be had for about $9-10 million less on a one-year deal and is younger than Clowney. He had 10 sacks, 13 TFL and 70+ tackles last year while Clowney had three sacks, seven TFLs and about 30 tackles. Golden has played 3-4 outside linebacker most of his career, but he's 6'3" and 260 pounds, so he should be able to play DE. Clowney may be the bigger name, but you could argue that Golden has been a more effective pass rusher (27 QB hits last season) and is a better value.

Markus Golden can be had for about $9-10 million less on a one-year deal and is younger than Clowney. He had 10 sacks, 13 TFL and 70+ tackles last year while Clowney had three sacks, seven TFLs and about 30 tackles. Golden has played 3-4 outside linebacker most of his career, but he's 6'3" and 260 pounds, so he should be able to play DE. Clowney may be the bigger name, but you could argue that Golden has been a more effective pass rusher (27 QB hits last season) and is a better value.
He is older than Clowney. He reminds me a little of an Alex Okafor-type player. May be able to get him cheaply this late in free agency.

I’d honestly be okay with that. Has had several 10+ sack seasons, and would be good insurance for Davenport.

Watching the Packers-Seahawks playoff game and Clowney is active. Too active. Literally just neutral zone infraction'd on a 3rd down play that gave the Packers a chance to run a different play which they scored on. Also they kind of screwed him on a facemask for grabbing the helmet hold when he really had a player by the neck if anything.

Oh Lawd not Incarcerated Bob...
On draft night, he was tweeting everyone's picks minutes before anyone like Schefter would. He is "off" sometimes (wasn't with the draft picks), but he's often "on" too. I follow beat writers for every team and most publications, and ICB was beasting during the draft. I don't know how / where he gets it from, but he definitely has it either before everyone else, or at the least before everyone else is willing to release it.

On draft night, he was tweeting everyone's picks minutes before anyone like Schefter would. He is "off" sometimes (wasn't with the draft picks), but he's often "on" too. I follow beat writers for every team and most publications, and ICB was beasting during the draft. I don't know how / where he gets it from, but he definitely has it either before everyone else, or at the least before everyone else is willing to release it.
Finally someone who notices the same thing I do. He is also very good to follow for nhl trade deadline he usually gets it right.

He is older than Clowney. He reminds me a little of an Alex Okafor-type player. May be able to get him cheaply this late in free agency.

He is two years older than Clowney and two years younger than Cameron Jordan. He isn't a perfect fit for the Saints, but if they want a guy that can rush the passer, Golden can do it. If they can bring him in on a one year deal, I think I would prefer him to Clowney, who will definitely be more expensive. The Okafor comparison is a good one.

Clowney's not signing a one-year deal for anything south of $15M imo.
Not saying it's correct, but that's not what's being reported. The thought process is, he signs a 1 year deal significantly less than the per year he's asking for; goes to a team, wins and then gets his big contract in 2021

He is two years older than Clowney and two years younger than Cameron Jordan. He isn't a perfect fit for the Saints, but if they want a guy that can rush the passer, Golden can do it. If they can bring him in on a one year deal, I think I would prefer him to Clowney, who will definitely be more expensive. The Okafor comparison is a good one.

i believe the Giants put a UFA tender on Golden, so if he signs with us it will cost us a comp pick (then again, we don't really need those right now).

I hate to be the debbie downer in here but if history has shown us anything, IT Aint gonna happen.
Countless times we've had our hopes up on a prized FA and we're refreshing the site, facebook and twitter for news and nothing ever happens.
I would love to be wrong but rarely have these situations played out in our favor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom