Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (1 Viewer)

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
The pass rush itself wasn’t the the issue last year since we were ranked #3 in sacks. The pass rush from just the front 4 was the issue. We had to consistently rely on 5+ players to get the amount of pass rush that was needed. It’d be nice to get that from just a basic front 4. With that being said, I’m on the Clowney wagon.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The pass rush itself wasn’t the the issue last year since we were ranked #3 in sacks. The pass rush from just the front 4 was the issue. We had to consistently rely on 5+ players to get the amount of pass rush that was needed. It’d be nice to get that from just a basic front 4. With that being said, I’m on the Clowney wagon.
The DLine was getting great pressure without much blitz help necessary until Davenport and Rankins got hurt. Those injuries killed us. I've said this before, but I knew our season was over the day I saw they were both going on IR.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The DLine was getting great pressure without much blitz help necessary until Davenport and Rankins got hurt. Those injuries killed us. I've said this before, but I knew our season was over the day I saw they were both going on IR.
I felt the same way. Was part of the reason I wasn't super upset we lost to the Vikes....during the season we could still win against most teams without them, but in the playoffs where the intensity is sky high and the margins much thinner? We weren't going far without them....hopefully we have good enough depth this year to overcome injuries....

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Exactly.

Davenport is ridiculous when healthy. And Rankins is so smart when it comes to how to effectively push the pocket.

If you told me Davenport would be healthy, then Clowney is more of a luxury. Unfortunately, it’s hard to count on that at this point.

EvilMike

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
And Davenport seems to get hurt all the time. We need another piece to the puzzle.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And Davenport seems to get hurt all the time. We need another piece to the puzzle.
Players are injury prone until they're not. Injury is rarely predictive of future injury except for a few specific types (concussions).

Remember when Terron Armstead was injury prone and would never play 16 games? Seems like a long time ago now, doesn't it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom