Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I felt the same way. Was part of the reason I wasn't super upset we lost to the Vikes....during the season we could still win against most teams without them, but in the playoffs where the intensity is sky high and the margins much thinner? We weren't going far without them....hopefully we have good enough depth this year to overcome injuries....
Glad someone else felt that way. I was obviously bummed about the loss but I barely reacted to the Rudolph TD and I didn't walk away from the game upset. I think I had already mentally prepared myself that there was no way we were going on the road to GB or SF with half of an NFL defensive line and literally one valid offensive weapon (CGM) with a hobbled Cook and an almost completely banged up and ineffective Kamara.

Jedi211

Rookie
Reaction score
Exactly.

Davenport is ridiculous when healthy. And Rankins is so smart when it comes to how to effectively push the pocket.

If you told me Davenport would be healthy, then Clowney is more of a luxury. Unfortunately, it’s hard to count on that at this point.
Davenport can't seem to stay healthy, I for one hope we get Clowney.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Where did you here this? 😬

Just a rumor but it seems that the rumor could have some merit to it.

It seems like Clowney is willing to take a one year deal with a contender on a "prove it" contract as an audition for what could be his last big payday.

I wouldn't mind a motivated and focused Clowney even if it's for only one season.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Question. If the league and owners know there is a chance they may not play this year, if we sign an expensive FA now, do we have to pay him even if no play this season? Thx. I do think the NFL owners are too greedy and there will be a season or at least a try at a season.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Question. If the league and owners know there is a chance they may not play this year, if we sign an expensive FA now, do we have to pay him even if no play this season? Thx. I do think the NFL owners are too greedy and there will be a season or at least a try at a season.
been wondering this myself. If the contract is worded the same then probably so but maybe the NFLPA would be willing to allow wording for these guys to sign so they aren't stuck in limbo? Don't know the answer but that is what I was thinking.

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So far Davenport is an "Injury bust". When he feels good, he can be elite, but he can never stay healthy. Kikaha was another Injury bust. Sometimes it seems like our players just can't shake back. Rankings is the most disappointing of all because he always produces on the field but can't seem to endure a full healthy year. Davenport is a bust in my book and I hate having to put him there but outside of a handful of outstanding plays, he is never there when the team needs him for his entire career so far. Thats a bust to me.

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
I would love to see this come to fruition. I could only imagine 3rd & longs with Clowney & Davenport lined up on the outside at defensive end with Cam & either Rankins or Onyemata lined up inside at defensive tackle. That pass rush would likely even scare the great Tom Brady.

Clowney: 6’5” 255
Davenport: 6’6” 265
Cam: 6’4” 287
Rankins: 6’2” 305
Onyemata: 6’4” 300

We would have our more lean speed guys on the outside with our strong, powerful guys rushing from the inside.

IMO that would be the best pass rushing front line in all of football. Like I’ve said many times that the longer he stays unsigned the better. Supposedly us and the Cowgirls are his top 2 teams he would want to play for next season. He’s only going to get a one year prove it deal at this point unless a crap team, i.e. the Browns fork out a ton of money, but he supposedly turned them down already if my memory serves correct.

If his goal is to win a super bowl than we offer that by far over the Cowgirls next year. This front office always shocks me every offseason, so I wouldn’t put it past them doing it yet again!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom