Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (3 Viewers)

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So far Davenport is an "Injury bust". When he feels good, he can be elite, but he can never stay healthy. Kikaha was another Injury bust. Sometimes it seems like our players just can't shake back. Rankings is the most disappointing of all because he always produces on the field but can't seem to endure a full healthy year. Davenport is a bust in my book and I hate having to put him there but outside of a handful of outstanding plays, he is never there when the team needs him for his entire career so far. Thats a bust to me.
Purely my opinion of course, but I think this is recency bias.

You're remembering Rankin's most recent year and giving it undue weight over his previous, mostly excellent availability.

Davenport is as LC said before, an injury risk like any other player, but we remember his injuries more because they're recent and he's a first round pick. His productivity is very high on a games played and per snap basis, but people don't remember pressures like they do sacks, and Cam Jordan is a tough bar to measure against.

For me, Kikaha doesn't belong in the same topic as these guys. He was athletically unsuited to the NFL and wildly overdrafted. Injury wasn't really the defining trait there, it just finished him off as an NFL backup level player.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For me, Kikaha doesn't belong in the same topic as these guys. He was athletically unsuited to the NFL and wildly overdrafted. Injury wasn't really the defining trait there, it just finished him off as an NFL backup level player.
No doubt. To me the Kikaha pick was just as bad or worse than the Stephone Anthony pick. At least Anthony had all the measurables and he didn't have medical red flags. Kikaha on the other hand didn't have the size to play DE, didn't have the athletic ability to play LB, and he was the definition of a medical red flag. So you use a 2nd round pick on a tweener who doesn't fit the scheme and already has two ACLs tears? It was a bold strategy.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
No doubt. To me the Kikaha pick was just as bad or worse than the Stephone Anthony pick. At least Anthony had all the measurables and he didn't have medical red flags. Kikaha on the other hand didn't have the size to play DE, didn't have the athletic ability to play LB, and he was the definition of a medical red flag. So you use a 2nd round pick on a tweener who doesn't fit the scheme and already has two ACLs tears? It was a bold strategy.
One that didn't pay off, Cotton 😉

Reaction score
I actually really liked the guy and the energy he brought. He was a solid football player, but those ACL tears were definitely a red flag that they should have paid more attention to.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kikaha was so close to being a player. If he had just a tad more strength, and/or quickness, and/or technique. And that's common in the NFL. There's just a tiny bit of ability between the last player cut and a solid player. For example, if Cam had a tiny bit more ability, he would be right there with Donald.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
He'd start in Dallas. Those bums have no legit RDE unless you count Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith. neither of them have played in a while.
Yep. Demarcus Lawrence was outplayed by Quinn and you're definitely rolling the dice with Randy & Aldon.

I think Mr. Jones is quite antsy to get another legit pass rusher ... even if it's spending more than he and Stephen would like to this off season.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Come tommorow this thread will have been active and on the main page non stop for parts of three months. I think Clowney will sign in August so that this discussion can span a period of 4 months on the front board page. Thereby displacing the Joe Burrow thread as the longest discussed topic.

Reaction score
So far Davenport is an "Injury bust". When he feels good, he can be elite, but he can never stay healthy. Kikaha was another Injury bust. Sometimes it seems like our players just can't shake back. Rankings is the most disappointing of all because he always produces on the field but can't seem to endure a full healthy year. Davenport is a bust in my book and I hate having to put him there but outside of a handful of outstanding plays, he is never there when the team needs him for his entire career so far. Thats a bust to me.
He’s had some bad luck, but I wouldn’t call him a bust by any means. He’s been very productive from the start, coming in as a raw player. It’s not like he’s had any serious, repeat injuries. And it’s not like he’s missed huge parts of his first two seasons. 3 games in each, actually, not including playoffs. Hopefully, he is recovering nicely from the foot injury and has a big year. I still have high hopes for the guy.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
what else is he going to say other than "still open"

"hey I want to sell you my house. I don't have anyone else that I want to listen to, I just want you to make an offer. Only you"

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He’s had some bad luck, but I wouldn’t call him a bust by any means. He’s been very productive from the start, coming in as a raw player. It’s not like he’s had any serious, repeat injuries. And it’s not like he’s missed huge parts of his first two seasons. 3 games in each, actually, not including playoffs. Hopefully, he is recovering nicely from the foot injury and has a big year. I still have high hopes for the guy.
Yeah. People want this to be a binary thing - yes or no, boom or bust. There’s gray area and Davenport arguably falls into it because he’s been very good when healthy.

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Come tommorow this thread will have been active and on the main page non stop for parts of three months. I think Clowney will sign in August so that this discussion can span a period of 4 months on the front board page. Thereby displacing the Joe Burrow thread as the longest discussed topic.
Im still holding out hope for Burrow! lol

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Translation:-

Jadeveon Clowney rang me up. He isn't getting any calls from teams. It's almost as if he can't make money off his college highlights plays any more. He's just seen what happened to Cam Newton and it frightens him. He is very open to someone overpaying him, but if even Bill O'Brien won't do it, he's not hopeful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Headlines

Top Bottom