Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (2 Viewers)

These contracts are just smoke and mirrors anyway. Loomi$$$ could make it happen with a few restructures.

Last edited:
So, I hate to be a pessimist, but if Clowney signing here wouldn't there be other people reporting it?

I'd be more optimistic if there was a reporter with no ties to the Saints reporting it.

I’m also thinking of passing downs and the possibility of moving Jordan inside. Davenport, Jordan, Rankins/Onyemata, and Clowney? Heavens to Betsy...

Damn. Never even considered Jordan on the interior in obvious passing downs. He would be a force. That would be a nasty pass rush line.

Agree, at least as a pass-rusher.

He’s an elite run defender at the position. But if I were choosing between a healthy Clowney and a healthy Davenport as a pure pass rusher, id take Davenport. And Davenport is also really good against the run.

Still, having three players like that (Jordan, Davenport and Clowney) as edge defenders to rotate or account for injury? That would be incredible.
This would be an awesome signing. Maybe Davenport's been hurt, but Clowney's stats his 2nd year at Houston were slightly better than Marcus' 2nd year, and Clowney's 3rd year was good, and his 4th and 5th years were very good years. Clowney had more tackles for loss and tackles, but only 4.5 sacks, while Marcus had 6 sacks, but less tackles for loss. If Marcus makes the jump that Clowney made his 3rd year, and Clowney can produce like his last couple of Houston years, that'll be a very strong DE lineup. I've heard some say they prefer Everson Griffin, but Clowney has been more productive, and he's 5 years younger.

Mickey being Mickey, telling them to come in for a year at a greatly reduced salary, but getting to play in a fun, unique environment with a great team.

I'll be shocked if Clowney springs for it but maybe Cam can help reel him in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom