Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (2 Viewers)

I don’t put anything past the Saints. It sounds like it would be a no way possible move.

But I didn’t think we would get Jameis Winston for next to nothing. The guy did throw for 5,000+ yards and 30 TDs which doesn’t happen all that often in the NFL. In a league were QB is so important I would of thought someone would of given him a more lucrative deal for a chance to be the starter. I know he had 30 INTs, but Carson Palmer threw for close as many in his first year under Bruce Arians.

Clowney’s already made like 50+ million in his career. He’s probably made some other local Houston endorsements & probably some national endorsement deals early in his career. He’s only 27, so if he has a good year with a contender he should get a nice huge contract when we don’t have COVID ruining his chances of that this offseason. He’s not getting a long term deal, so he ought to pick the team that gives him the best chance at winning a ring. Kind of like what Demarcus Cousins did the last 2 years in the NBA.

I didn’t think we had anywhere near a shot at him all offseason, but now that he’s still available who really knows?? You never know he may pull a Jameis and take way less to play for a great organization that has a legit chance at winning the super bowl. Then off of that huge momentum get a huge contract for 4 to 5 years till he’s like 33.

Last edited:
Hard to believe this thread is a week old now. That means it's one week closer to another Saints season which is a good thing

Curious, I went back and looked at the Jared Cook thread. I didn't realize that one had gone 23 pages deep before he signed. And that was after an official visit.

I think that is what it'll take for Clowney to sign, a 23 page thread on this forum.

Is there anyone who thinks Drew’s comments completely takes us out of the Clowney sweepstakes?
After all this time with not a single reputable source confirming Nader's report, do you really think we are in the Clowney "sweepstakes?"

Is there anyone who thinks Drew’s comments completely takes us out of the Clowney sweepstakes?
Got to be in the sweepstakes in the first place for it to take us out of it
After all this time with not a single reputable source confirming Nader's report, do you really think we are in the Clowney "sweepstakes?"
Facts. This Clowney “report” was nothing but a pipe dream from the beginning... with that pipe being a crackpipe.

So what's the latest on Clowney??? Lol.. I'm just ready to have some football to watch. For 3 hours on a Sunday, nothing else matters but whether we win or lose the game. I need that back in my life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom