Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (1 Viewer)

The DLine was getting great pressure without much blitz help necessary until Davenport and Rankins got hurt. Those injuries killed us. I've said this before, but I knew our season was over the day I saw they were both going on IR.

I felt the same way. Was part of the reason I wasn't super upset we lost to the Vikes....during the season we could still win against most teams without them, but in the playoffs where the intensity is sky high and the margins much thinner? We weren't going far without them....hopefully we have good enough depth this year to overcome injuries....

The DLine was getting great pressure without much blitz help necessary until Davenport and Rankins got hurt. Those injuries killed us. I've said this before, but I knew our season was over the day I saw they were both going on IR.

Exactly.

Davenport is ridiculous when healthy. And Rankins is so smart when it comes to how to effectively push the pocket.

If you told me Davenport would be healthy, then Clowney is more of a luxury. Unfortunately, it’s hard to count on that at this point.

And Davenport seems to get hurt all the time. We need another piece to the puzzle.

And Davenport seems to get hurt all the time. We need another piece to the puzzle.

Players are injury prone until they're not. Injury is rarely predictive of future injury except for a few specific types (concussions).

Remember when Terron Armstead was injury prone and would never play 16 games? Seems like a long time ago now, doesn't it.

I felt the same way. Was part of the reason I wasn't super upset we lost to the Vikes....during the season we could still win against most teams without them, but in the playoffs where the intensity is sky high and the margins much thinner? We weren't going far without them....hopefully we have good enough depth this year to overcome injuries....

Glad someone else felt that way. I was obviously bummed about the loss but I barely reacted to the Rudolph TD and I didn't walk away from the game upset. I think I had already mentally prepared myself that there was no way we were going on the road to GB or SF with half of an NFL defensive line and literally one valid offensive weapon (CGM) with a hobbled Cook and an almost completely banged up and ineffective Kamara.

Exactly.

Davenport is ridiculous when healthy. And Rankins is so smart when it comes to how to effectively push the pocket.

If you told me Davenport would be healthy, then Clowney is more of a luxury. Unfortunately, it’s hard to count on that at this point.
Davenport can't seem to stay healthy, I for one hope we get Clowney.

Where did you here this? 😬

Just a rumor but it seems that the rumor could have some merit to it.

It seems like Clowney is willing to take a one year deal with a contender on a "prove it" contract as an audition for what could be his last big payday.

I wouldn't mind a motivated and focused Clowney even if it's for only one season.

Question. If the league and owners know there is a chance they may not play this year, if we sign an expensive FA now, do we have to pay him even if no play this season? Thx. I do think the NFL owners are too greedy and there will be a season or at least a try at a season.

Question. If the league and owners know there is a chance they may not play this year, if we sign an expensive FA now, do we have to pay him even if no play this season? Thx. I do think the NFL owners are too greedy and there will be a season or at least a try at a season.

been wondering this myself. If the contract is worded the same then probably so but maybe the NFLPA would be willing to allow wording for these guys to sign so they aren't stuck in limbo? Don't know the answer but that is what I was thinking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom