Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (2 Viewers)

I would. Griffen has always given us fits + less "risky" in terms of health.

Even at his age, he consistently wreaks havoc on opposing QB's.

Griffen is healthier and even at his age is a better, more consistent player than Clowney....he is the guy I want as well....

So far Davenport is an "Injury bust". When he feels good, he can be elite, but he can never stay healthy. Kikaha was another Injury bust. Sometimes it seems like our players just can't shake back. Rankings is the most disappointing of all because he always produces on the field but can't seem to endure a full healthy year. Davenport is a bust in my book and I hate having to put him there but outside of a handful of outstanding plays, he is never there when the team needs him for his entire career so far. Thats a bust to me.

I would love to see this come to fruition. I could only imagine 3rd & longs with Clowney & Davenport lined up on the outside at defensive end with Cam & either Rankins or Onyemata lined up inside at defensive tackle. That pass rush would likely even scare the great Tom Brady.

Clowney: 6’5” 255
Davenport: 6’6” 265
Cam: 6’4” 287
Rankins: 6’2” 305
Onyemata: 6’4” 300

We would have our more lean speed guys on the outside with our strong, powerful guys rushing from the inside.

IMO that would be the best pass rushing front line in all of football. Like I’ve said many times that the longer he stays unsigned the better. Supposedly us and the Cowgirls are his top 2 teams he would want to play for next season. He’s only going to get a one year prove it deal at this point unless a crap team, i.e. the Browns fork out a ton of money, but he supposedly turned them down already if my memory serves correct.

If his goal is to win a super bowl than we offer that by far over the Cowgirls next year. This front office always shocks me every offseason, so I wouldn’t put it past them doing it yet again!!!

So far Davenport is an "Injury bust". When he feels good, he can be elite, but he can never stay healthy. Kikaha was another Injury bust. Sometimes it seems like our players just can't shake back. Rankings is the most disappointing of all because he always produces on the field but can't seem to endure a full healthy year. Davenport is a bust in my book and I hate having to put him there but outside of a handful of outstanding plays, he is never there when the team needs him for his entire career so far. Thats a bust to me.
Purely my opinion of course, but I think this is recency bias.

You're remembering Rankin's most recent year and giving it undue weight over his previous, mostly excellent availability.

Davenport is as LC said before, an injury risk like any other player, but we remember his injuries more because they're recent and he's a first round pick. His productivity is very high on a games played and per snap basis, but people don't remember pressures like they do sacks, and Cam Jordan is a tough bar to measure against.

For me, Kikaha doesn't belong in the same topic as these guys. He was athletically unsuited to the NFL and wildly overdrafted. Injury wasn't really the defining trait there, it just finished him off as an NFL backup level player.

For me, Kikaha doesn't belong in the same topic as these guys. He was athletically unsuited to the NFL and wildly overdrafted. Injury wasn't really the defining trait there, it just finished him off as an NFL backup level player.

No doubt. To me the Kikaha pick was just as bad or worse than the Stephone Anthony pick. At least Anthony had all the measurables and he didn't have medical red flags. Kikaha on the other hand didn't have the size to play DE, didn't have the athletic ability to play LB, and he was the definition of a medical red flag. So you use a 2nd round pick on a tweener who doesn't fit the scheme and already has two ACLs tears? It was a bold strategy.

No doubt. To me the Kikaha pick was just as bad or worse than the Stephone Anthony pick. At least Anthony had all the measurables and he didn't have medical red flags. Kikaha on the other hand didn't have the size to play DE, didn't have the athletic ability to play LB, and he was the definition of a medical red flag. So you use a 2nd round pick on a tweener who doesn't fit the scheme and already has two ACLs tears? It was a bold strategy.
One that didn't pay off, Cotton 😉

I actually really liked the guy and the energy he brought. He was a solid football player, but those ACL tears were definitely a red flag that they should have paid more attention to.

Kikaha was so close to being a player. If he had just a tad more strength, and/or quickness, and/or technique. And that's common in the NFL. There's just a tiny bit of ability between the last player cut and a solid player. For example, if Cam had a tiny bit more ability, he would be right there with Donald.

He'd start in Dallas. Those bums have no legit RDE unless you count Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith. neither of them have played in a while.

Yep. Demarcus Lawrence was outplayed by Quinn and you're definitely rolling the dice with Randy & Aldon.

I think Mr. Jones is quite antsy to get another legit pass rusher ... even if it's spending more than he and Stephen would like to this off season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom