Jadeveon Clowney Deal could be in the works (1 Viewer)

Come tommorow this thread will have been active and on the main page non stop for parts of three months. I think Clowney will sign in August so that this discussion can span a period of 4 months on the front board page. Thereby displacing the Joe Burrow thread as the longest discussed topic.

So far Davenport is an "Injury bust". When he feels good, he can be elite, but he can never stay healthy. Kikaha was another Injury bust. Sometimes it seems like our players just can't shake back. Rankings is the most disappointing of all because he always produces on the field but can't seem to endure a full healthy year. Davenport is a bust in my book and I hate having to put him there but outside of a handful of outstanding plays, he is never there when the team needs him for his entire career so far. Thats a bust to me.

He’s had some bad luck, but I wouldn’t call him a bust by any means. He’s been very productive from the start, coming in as a raw player. It’s not like he’s had any serious, repeat injuries. And it’s not like he’s missed huge parts of his first two seasons. 3 games in each, actually, not including playoffs. Hopefully, he is recovering nicely from the foot injury and has a big year. I still have high hopes for the guy.

what else is he going to say other than "still open"

"hey I want to sell you my house. I don't have anyone else that I want to listen to, I just want you to make an offer. Only you"

He’s had some bad luck, but I wouldn’t call him a bust by any means. He’s been very productive from the start, coming in as a raw player. It’s not like he’s had any serious, repeat injuries. And it’s not like he’s missed huge parts of his first two seasons. 3 games in each, actually, not including playoffs. Hopefully, he is recovering nicely from the foot injury and has a big year. I still have high hopes for the guy.
Yeah. People want this to be a binary thing - yes or no, boom or bust. There’s gray area and Davenport arguably falls into it because he’s been very good when healthy.

Come tommorow this thread will have been active and on the main page non stop for parts of three months. I think Clowney will sign in August so that this discussion can span a period of 4 months on the front board page. Thereby displacing the Joe Burrow thread as the longest discussed topic.
Im still holding out hope for Burrow! lol

Translation:-

Jadeveon Clowney rang me up. He isn't getting any calls from teams. It's almost as if he can't make money off his college highlights plays any more. He's just seen what happened to Cam Newton and it frightens him. He is very open to someone overpaying him, but if even Bill O'Brien won't do it, he's not hopeful.

JC and his agent will get a dose of reality ... No legitimate SB contender will meet his agent's financial demands.

After the dust has settled, I'd still prefer Everson G.

People have this perception of Clowney that doesn't necessarily match up with the reality of Clowney. I think Clowney and his agent also have this distorted perception of the player he is. He's a good player but he has never come close to playing up to his hype.

Everson Griffen is the opposite. He's a good player who is probably better than most people would think. He's older than Clowney but I think he has at least another year or two of quality play left in him.

People have this perception of Clowney that doesn't necessarily match up with the reality of Clowney. I think Clowney and his agent also have this distorted perception of the player he is. He's a good player but he has never come close to playing up to his hype.

Everson Griffen is the opposite. He's a good player who is probably better than most people would think. He's older than Clowney but I think he has at least another year or two of quality play left in him.
I kind of think he'll be a bust with us. Maybe 4-6 sacks situational player. He'll thrive with Cowboys. I really want Davenport to take the Superstar leap.

THOUGH.... Don't count out one of the best D-line coaches in the NFL...(And my pick to be the next coveted Defensive coach. He will be groomed to be Allen's successor. He is simply brilliant.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom