Jadeveon Clowney (1 Viewer)

If the market stays sour on him and he will take less, absolutely.

He’s a premium pressure player even if stats don’t look that great. A one year contract with New Orleans could be exactly what both sides need. We have Cam to keep him consistently isolated, which Seattle didn’t have. We have a talented secondary to give him that extra second, which Houston didn’t have during his time. We also have Davenport to keep him fresh, which neither team had.

I think Davenport is a key to this defense being a dominant unit, and a veteran edge should be brought in to make sure he’s not asked too much over a full season. Clowney is a better than that. If he’s brought in for good money, idk why we would be opposed.

If the Seattle peds couldn't get him to play consistently how could we

This is such a good point. Our PED program seems to be severely lacking compared to teams like the Seahawks and 49ers. The NFC West has been on the cutting edge of performance enhancement research and development.

Sign him to a one-year "prove it" deal.

To be fair to Griffen, he got help for it (and for his sake, hopefully still is.). Which was more than JG ever even attempted to do.
Right why let this guy go back to minn and kill us? I don’t get it

We already have two great pass-rushers, we just need a third for passing downs. Clay Matthews would give us more bang for the buck.

We already have two great pass-rushers, we just need a third for passing downs. Clay Matthews would give us more bang for the buck.
I agree him or Griffen but the saints never draft or sign stand up lbs who rush the passer. I’ve been hoping for Fowler, Dupree guys for years

The Saints remind me of Dude that walks into the Porsche dealership and tries to get the salesman to sell him a $100k car for half the price.

I'm about to just go ahead and keep it real with ya'll. If Clowney signs a one year prove it deal with the Saints I'm gonna be kinda pumped about it. I think a lot of us would

It's important to remeber the Ryan Nielson Factor. He's going to get the most out of his players. He's convinced me of that.

I'm about to just go ahead and keep it real with ya'll. If Clowney signs a one year prove it deal with the Saints I'm gonna be kinda pumped about it. I think a lot of us would

It's important to remeber the Ryan Nielson Factor. He's going to get the most out of his players. He's convinced me of that.
Sure I’d be excited. I do think he’s living off his name but I’ll take anyone who makes us better. But hopefully it’s no more than 15/yr. I’d kill for a 2 yr 28 mill deal

I agree with Drago. I also think that his stats are misleading because he creates havoc, even on plays where he doesn't get the sack (when he wants to).

For the record...I'm not a big believer in Davenport. I tend to believe in Coach Pete's theory that he doesn't prepare his body like a professional and it predisposes to injury. I'm sure he works hard in training camp, but this is a 24/7/365 job...but if he had the work ethic of Cam Jordan he probably would be a superstar right now. He's also an odd guy...so I just wonder if the elevator goes to the top floor...and I'm just not sure he gets it that his livelihood is on the line or whether he even cares.

It wouldn't be surprising if the Saints consider an alternative in either free agency or in the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom