Jags releasing S Dawan Landry (1 Viewer)

Pai Mei

Very Banned
Reaction score
@ProFootballTalk: The Jags are releasing safety Dawan Landry today, per league source.

I've always liked the guy. He's versatile and has experience in 3-4 defenses. If price is right, he's worth a look for sure

I do not know about the abilities of Dawan Landry but I would be very leery of a player not good enough to stay with the Jags.

Does a Safety in a 3-4 necessarily do different things than a Safety in a 4-3?

I do not know about the abilities of Dawan Landry but I would be very leery of a player not good enough to stay with the Jags.

Not sure of his situation as to whether it was an ability issue or cost issue. He was good with Baltimore but has hit 30 and I am not sure that his coverage skills are his strength.

Not necessarily. 3-4 refers to the alignment of the front 7, not the sort of coverage responsibilities you're giving your secondary.

Not sure how he did, but the little I have seen, he seemed solid. Probably didnt fit what their coach wants to do there for the cost. Was due 5+ mil. Dont they have a ton of cap space though?

Not necessarily. 3-4 refers to the alignment of the front 7, not the sort of coverage responsibilities you're giving your secondary.

Our secondary has managed to struggle in every alignment possible! Doubt this guy can help... Is he an up[grade over Harper??? No

To be fair, Jacksonville is revamping their entire secondary if not their whole defense. Seems their new coach, who came from Seattle, is wanting to move toward bigger corners and safeties, like he had with the Hawks. Landry is a solid player I think, just struggled as a byproduct of a bad defense, similar to a few players we have here. Averages 6 tackles a game over his career and two picks per season...nothing special, but at a decent price would not be a bad signing.

He was pretty good in Baltimore, there was a reason Jacksonville shelled out near 6 mil a year and a chance to anchor their defense to persuade him to bolt. His best days may be behind him, I don't know, but I'm sure there will be several teams kicking the tires.

He wouldn't be an upgrade over Harper. He thrives playing at the LOS and is vulnerable in cover like Harper. It would be a complete lateral move for the most part. Landy is slightly better in coverage and weaker at blitzing while Harper is weaker in coverage and slightly better at blitzing.

If were gonna upgrade, lets make it an actualy upgrade

a safety in a rex ryan 46 defense in baltimore would be different than the jags base scheme.

as far as schemes go, hed be better fitted here than there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom