Jaguar escapes at Audobon Zoo, kills 6 animals (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
More details from presser today

Valerio, the 5-foot-long, 160-pound jaguar, escaped through ‘incredibly small’ hole before deadly rampage

Valerio the jaguar escaped through ‘incredibly small’ hole before deadly rampage

(Via WWL TV)
You know the female didn't escape. How else would she have nagged the shirt out of Valerio when he got back?

Did you get milk? Where's my sauce, you don't I don't eat emu without the sauce. Have you fixed that hole in the fence yet? Wait, why are you all woozy - are you drunk? Did you go drinking while you were out?? Did you get in trouble at work? I swear that zookeeper is going to fire you if you don't do a better job.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you get milk? Where's my sauce, you don't I don't eat emu without the sauce. Have you fixed that hole in the fence yet? Wait, why are you all woozy - are you drunk? Did you go drinking while you were out?? Did you get in trouble at work? I swear that zookeeper is going to fire you if you don't do a better job.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
By 7:43 a.m., Valerio lay on the ground, at which point staffers walked up and “prodded” him with a stick. By 8:04 a.m. he was locked inside the jaguar facility once again.
IMPROVEMENTS PLANNED
I'm hoping they are working to improve the "walk up and prod him with a STICK" portion of the emergency plan. My God is that still the best method to tell if someone or something is dead or knocked out? Did they come up with this plan while watching an old movie, "he's dead alright".

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm hoping they are working to improve the "walk up and prod him with a STICK" portion of the emergency plan. My God is that still the best method to tell if someone or something is dead or knocked out? Did they come up with this plan while watching an old movie, "he's dead alright".
Do you have any better ideas? First dart shot did not work. They wanted to take no chances after the second shot. Make sure that Jag is knocked out. Never doubt stick trick.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's still industry standard - we haven't developed those Star Trek health scanners yet.

From the manual:
1. To determine if the animal is immobilized, prod with stick.
2. After concluding that the animal is immobilized, proceed to confirming the animal is alive by holding a mirror to the animal's nose. If the mirror gets foggy, the animal is breathing and, therefore, alive.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's still industry standard - we haven't developed those Star Trek health scanners yet.

From the manual:
2. After concluding that the animal is immobilized, proceed to confirming the animal is alive by holding a mirror to the animal's nose. If the mirror gets foggy, the animal is breathing and, therefore, alive.
step 3

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

From the manual:
The day jaguars learn to play dead we're screwed. I, for one, will welcome our new jaguar overlords.

Assemble

RIP Zack Lee
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I went today. Except for the empty exhibits and all the letters posted outside, it is business as usual. That wire they used at the top of the exhibit is ridiculous. He has ledges where he had no choice but to be up against that wire.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I went today. Except for the empty exhibits and all the letters posted outside, it is business as usual. That wire they used at the top of the exhibit is ridiculous. He has ledges where he had no choice but to be up against that wire.
Did you make your peace?

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Are they going to fix the damn thing or use the cage as a tourist attraction? Ron Foreman knows how to make a quick buck.

Assemble

RIP Zack Lee
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are they going to fix the damn thing or use the cage as a tourist attraction? Ron Foreman knows how to make a quick buck.
I think they are reconsidering the whole 2mm chicken wire plan. Back to the drawing board. When you look at that thing the amazing thing is that it took one of them this long.

and even if it was almost enough to contain a jaguar, they now have a perception issue and will need something that looks like it will contain a whole heard of them.

Last edited:

Crzycjunx76

Iron Era Origional
Reaction score
Seattle by way of DFW, Nacogdoches, Houston, Mande
this is another one of those "vicious" (i mean seriously, even a falcon could kill a cardinal) animal nfl names where the team hasn't lived up the name. i mean c'mon, when have the jacksonville jags actually been a threat. i mean, they had a better than their average season, but still, not really any more superior than the bengals, lions, panthers, cardinals, and lol 28-3 falcons., ok yeah, all of the above are better than the falcons.
Still want them to move to Mexico City and call themselves the Jaguar Warriors

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)