Jaguar escapes at Audobon Zoo, kills 6 animals (1 Viewer)

DiGVt9zUwAAjM_Z.jpg

Wonder what would have happened had it got to a silverback gorilla. Or a even a leopard.

Sorry not sorry I'd pay money.

Anyone who pronounces it JA-guar instead of ja-GU-ar are peasants.

Six other animals? That isn't a jaguar being a jaguar. That's a murder spree.

Six other animals? That isn't a jaguar being a jaguar. That's a murder spree.
The enclosure is right next to his cage
He probably jumped in there and instinct took over
It’s a smallish enclosure making it real easy for him to hunt
Also, once he was in it might not have been possible for him to get back out

I read this piece in the Atlantic about a month ago - Jaguars are bad-arse.

“There’s a jaguar in the baño,” George Olah told me with a small smile.

“Um?” I managed, squinting into the dusky Amazon forest surrounding our camp.

“She’s behind that tree. Look for spots,” Olah said. Then: “No. That tree,” pointing to a trunk between 30 and 40 feet away.

In an instant, I registered that, yes, the bathroom trail we had cut through the Peruvian jungle was indeed occupied by a member of the largest cat species in the Americas. She was so close that if she launched herself at one of us, it would be game over in seconds.

“Shiiiiiiiiit,” I said as we—unarmed except for a couple of machetes and a small slingshot—quickly moved closer to get a better look.

Powerful predators that kill by puncturing skulls with their tremendous bite, jaguars reign over both ecosystems and mythologies. Everyone hopes to see one of the spotted cats when they visit this part of Peru, and on several earlier occasions, I’d been lucky enough to glimpse the cats along the riverbank. But this was the first time I’d been jaguar’d out of the damn bathroom.

And it was the first time I experienced what I’ve learned to call jaguarness.

The Jaguar Is Made for the Age of Humans

I forget if it was the jaguar enclosure or the leopards, but I remember one of them having a ledge right under the roof that the cats could pace back and forth across. I remember seeing them going crazy trying to reach the squirrels on the other side of the roof fence.

The alpaca's probably didn't even think to run away as they weren't used to being preyed upon.

The alpaca's probably didn't even think to run away as they weren't used to being preyed upon.

Alpaca 1: Oh look, who's the new guy?
Alpaca 2: I don't know, let's go say hel ... aghhh!!
*shrieks *mayhem

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom