N/S Jaguars Plan On Signing Tebow (Update: released) (1 Viewer)

I never understood all the hate that Tebow received. Even if he wasn't a great NFL player. Someone gave him a shot and he took advantage of it. The coach, player or organization should not be penalized for that.

I don't think people talking sheet can be called a penalty.

People have opinions and more than ever they're empowered/entitled whatever to let everyone know about them. They're often nasty for no real reason. It's just the way people are.

But I doubt Meyer, Tebow, or the Jags really care.

In this particular case I think it is probably because this was a fairly obvious publicity stunt and Tebow was clearly undeserving of this opportunity.
A stunt for who, the Jaguars? I see nothing wrong in giving people a chance. However I can see how some former athletes can get upset if they feel others received a chance but not them.

I don't think people talking sheet can be called a penalty.

People have opinions and more than ever they're empowered/entitled whatever to let everyone know about them. They're often nasty for no real reason. It's just the way people are.

But I doubt Meyer, Tebow, or the Jags really care.

But that's not what's happening...

Players get called out all day long. From Josh Gordon to our newest RB Devonta Freeman, people ask, "why is this person getting another chance???" or "he needs to give it up???" and nobody really challenges those opinions as anything but opinions. No one thinks those opinions aren't valid or based on purely football.

But if questioning the very questionable football talent that is Tim Tebow, it's because you hate him or don't believe in God. Jesus, saying Tebow is bad at football on a football forum is not being mean for no reason...when he's trying to play football.

But you are correct, the Jags, their coaches, and Tebow aren't being penalized for it. Saying so is just another attempt to make Tebow a victim because people feel he doesn't play football well. He's not being persecuted because he was given an opportunity he didn't deserve to play a position he can't.

A stunt for who, the Jaguars? I see nothing wrong in giving people a chance. However I can see how some former athletes can get upset if they feel others received a chance but not them.
Yes, I say a publicity stunt for the Jags because Tebow is from Jacksonville and a majority of their local fan base are also UF football fans. And as someone else just mentioned, it garnered national attention too for franchise that no one really cares about.

There's no other reason to try it other than that because there was zero chance that he'd be able to play as an NFL caliber TE.

Up until now, NFLN was pretty much Cowboys, Tom Brady and Tim Tebow coverage.
Now it'll be nothing the Cowboys and Brady.

THANKS FOR NOTHING TEBOW!!!

"Up next on NFLN...Jerry Jones had peanuts after dinner last night!!"

Root canal > NFLN during preseason

Sadly for the jags their best TE is an ex-Saints 4th string blocking TE who couldnt beat out Colby Fleener for snaps.

Well...they do have one saving grace...

Kay-Adams-Height-Weight-Age-Affairs-Salary-Family-Net-Worth-on-camera.jpg
She's one, very intelligent--and good-looking, exception on a network filled with Goodell-loving sychophants, arse-kissers, who tow the party and business line because, shhhh....this is still kind of a secret they don't want some clueless, dumbarse American mark viewers to know, but the NFL own the network even though they still go through some pretensions, now and again, to downplay that reality because they asininely still adhere to some deluded version of "journalistic objectivity".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom