Jahmyr Gibbs at 29? (2 Viewers)

Bijan Robinson is the only running back I would take at 29. Other than that I really think we need a defensive lineman there. Or a future Peat replacement there and a defensive lineman at 40. It's a deep running back class. I think we can get a good one in the 3rd round.

Bijan Robinson is the only running back I would take at 29. Other than that I really think we need a defensive lineman there. Or a future Peat replacement there and a defensive lineman at 40. It's a deep running back class. I think we can get a good one in the 3rd round.
We only know how to trade up for oft injured D line men! I would prefer not taking one in the first just to not screw up!

He is faster than AK but I don't think he has the balance and ability to break tackles like AK
This is what I've seen as well. It looks like Gibbs is doing an AK impression the way Cedric Benson did with Ricky Williams. But Benson was no Ricky Williams and I don't think Gibbs is AK. If he was he wouldn't be on the board at 29. AK has unnatural balance, vision, patience, and he can bulldog a defender when he wants to. He's able to make something out of nothing with defenders draped all over him as soon as he's handed the ball. Gibbs' game is more about pure speed, make you miss, and take it to the house. Does he have the frame to get the tough yards when needed? He's good in the passing game but AK is elite when used properly.

Not to say that Gibbs is not a really nice prospect because he absolutely is. If we're talking 2nd round then by all means, bring him in. But comparing him to a 2x All Pro, 5x Pro Bowler, OROY, I just don't think he's that guy.

If we go RB in the first then Robinson is the only guy that makes sense to me.

Which defensive lineman? What guard? If Gibbs is better than the top DL or guard available, and that's a distinct possibility, I'm all for taking him.

If we take ANOTHER offensive lineman in the 1st imma flip.

I'll never complain about taking an offensive lineman. A great offensive line helps everything. Run game, pass game, and defense. The year we won the super bowl we ran for almost 3,000 yards as a team and the entire offensive line made the pro bowl.

If we take ANOTHER offensive lineman in the 1st imma flip.
Heck, if we take another OLineman, DE, or CB in the 1st I’m going to flip. I’m tired of chasing our tail all the time. It got us nowhere, especially not into the endzone. I want the SEXY pick. Give me Gibbs at #29, give me a WR at #40!!! Give me sexy time darn it!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom