Jahmyr Gibbs at 29? (1 Viewer)

Very talented Kamara type skill set. With the 5th year option you get him on a rookie contract for half his career. Someone whos gonna catch 40+ passes. Maybe 100 touches running the ball. Excellent pick at 29.

After reading the whole thread up until this point I don’t disagree with anyone’s takes lol. I wouldn’t be mad at Gibbs, I wouldn’t be mad at a DL unless they reach for one out of “Not Again” Baptist university. I wouldn’t be mad at more OL help with peat being on a contract year with Ruiz. The only thing that would truly make me upset is drafting another corner as I feel we have a solid DB room. It’s going to be hard for them to upset me with pick 29, and I pray they don’t succeed lol

One thing to know about Gibbs is he’s a homerun hitter. Dude is an absolute playmaker. Playmakers have the ability to change the complexity of the game and steal the momentum at the drop of a dime. The question is…… “why not Gibbs at #29”???
Cuz we gots to win the game in the trenches like its 1987.

Everyone said "Cincinatti should take a lineman to protect Burrow"...like one single rookie was going to make a world of a difference. They said "fudge that...we're taking Chase, losers pick linemen" and been deep in the playoffs every season since.

Cuz we gots to win the game in the trenches like its 1987.

Everyone said "Cincinatti should take a lineman to protect Burrow"...like one single rookie was going to make a world of a difference. They said "fudge that...we're taking Chase, losers pick linemen" and been deep in the playoffs every season since.

That wasn't just any WR who they took instead of a lineman. Someone is going to take Quentin Johnston and end up with Tre'Quan Smith.

All we seem to do is draft lineman with our first pick since the 2017 draft. Enough already. We need skill players. We have struggled because of the lack of depth at skill positions.
I agree. Keep in mind there are plenty of free agents still left out there that are only getting cheaper by the day. I want a splash in the first. Washington or If Zay Jones somehow falls I won’t be upset at all. I want to blow the roof off the dome 2012 style. Lol

That wasn't just any WR who they took instead of a lineman. Someone is going to take Quentin Johnston and end up with Tre'Quan Smith.
My take is you never know either way...Peat still catches hell and Ruiz took 3 years to pan out to something useful...but only after he got Brees' ribcage grounded to dust in 18.

Your payoff for a talented ball handler is almost immediate...a lineman OTOH is serviceable on average year 1. That can be gotten anywhere IMO.

My take is you never know either way...Peat still catches hell and Ruiz took 3 years to pan out to something useful...but only after he got Brees' ribcage grounded to dust in 18.

Your payoff for a talented ball handler is almost immediate...a lineman OTOH is serviceable on average year 1. That can be gotten anywhere IMO.
You’re spot on. Us moving up for Olave proves it too. He’s been instant and automatic 😂 return on investment 🤌🏿

You’re spot on. Us moving up for Olave proves it too, and he’s been instant and automatic 😂 return on investment 🤌🏿
Exactly...now Imagine if we paired that Olave pick w/ a KW3, Breece Hall type player or hell even Christian Watson non catching arse, we would've been nasty on offense.

I've said it before, you'll never hit a homerun if all you do is bunt. And that is what drafting linemen early is...NFL draft equivalent to bunting.

Exactly...now Imagine if we paired that Olave pick w/ a KW3, Breece Hall type player or hell even Christian Watson non catching arse, we would've been nasty on offense.

I've said it before, you'll never hit a homerun if all you do is bunt. And that is what drafting linemen early is...NFL draft equivalent to bunting.
Also when you think about it, if everyone is instantly open it’s helping the line anyway 😂 because Carr will have that ball out in 2 seconds. That’s what Brees excelled at and masked so many of our OL issues. Jameis would sit back there and say his ABC’s before getting sacked. Andy would roll right into one. That’s why I’m not opposed especially with the uncertainty of MT. We can just kill two birds with one stone and take Washington 🤷

I'm not advocating drafting a lineman, in fact I want us to draft a lineman with the pick from Philly that goes on to play a decade at LG.

I like Mayer, Kincaid or Washington at 29.
Honestly, nobody at 29 would have a 1st round grade anyway unless someone drops so 29 is 2nd round talent with a 5th year option. However RBs do have the shortest careers so using a 1st on one should be on one that is 1st round talent like Bijan.

We do need a homerun threat at RB as the only speed guys we have are Olave and Shaheed.

I'd like to see us come out of the draft with Washington, Mayer or Kincaid, one of the playmaker RBs in Gibbs/Achane/Spears and TE Kuntz.

I'm not advocating drafting a lineman, in fact I want us to draft a lineman with the pick from Philly that goes on to play a decade at LG.

I like Mayer, Kincaid or Washington at 29.
Honestly, nobody at 29 would have a 1st round grade anyway unless someone drops so 29 is 2nd round talent with a 5th year option. However RBs do have the shortest careers so using a 1st on one should be on one that is 1st round talent like Bijan.

We do need a homerun threat at RB as the only speed guys we have are Olave and Shaheed.

I'd like to see us come out of the draft with Washington, Mayer or Kincaid, one of the playmaker RBs in Gibbs/Achane/Spears and TE Kuntz.
Word...I'm picking up what you're puttin down.

One thing though, don't worry about draft grades too much. One thing I learned this past draft is that we (Saints) rate guys how they fit into our system apparently. Nobody had a 2 grade on Alonte...dude was a straight up baller for us. If we value a guy and feel like we won't be able to get him next go round if we don't take him now...I got a feeling we'll reach.

Word...I'm picking up what you're puttin down.

One thing though, don't worry about draft grades too much. One thing I learned this past draft is that we (Saints) rate guys how they fit into our system apparently. Nobody had a 2 grade on Alonte...dude was a straight up baller for us. If we value a guy and feel like we won't be able to get him next go round if we don't take him now...I got a feeling we'll reach.

Agreed.

That's why I try to listen to what the FO says and who they hire. Usually they give an indication of which way they will go.

We signed Ingram's replacement so we probably won't draft that style of RB early, but a late round or UDFA isn't out of the question.

We signed a legit young Big X backup for MT. He went in the 3rd when he was drafted and DA said yesterday that they had good grades on him in the draft. I don't think we'll go big X early in the draft, but later like Jakadis Bonds real late or Ford-Wheaton sorta late wouldn't be bad. They might go Flowers or Downs early, maybe Charlie Jones in the mid rounds.

We brought in Moreau who is a complete TE and a 9.45 RAS guy. That tells me they are looking for that and since it didn't work out for Moreau and there isn't anyone left in FA and this deep draft loaded with stud TEs is probably where we are going to get 1 or 2. Washington is my favorite for this team because he makes Trautman expendable and instantly enhances the running game and provides an unguardable RZ and 1st down threat from Day 1. I like Kuntz later, 10 RAS, 11-13 high-point due to his height, length and vertical. He can split out wide and also play in line.

On defense, DA brought in guys that run a 3-4. I don't think that was just a coincidence. I think we'll continue to see this defense evolve and get better against the run and continue to be tough against the pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom