Jahri Evans cut by Seattle (1 Viewer)

Could Seattle be looking to bring him back after game one to avoid the guaranteed salary? He was terrible in preseason last year, but had a decent season for us. He my be done, but if so, I don't see the need to dance on his grave.

Would you rather have Andrus Peat protecting Drew or Jahri Evans? Would you rather have Tim Lelito protecting Drew or Jahri Evans?

Yeah he wasn't what he once was, but you'd never have to worry about assignment busts and even though he isn't the player he once was, he'd still provide flashes here and there of his past greatness, something Lelito or Peat never does.

The team offered Evans a paycut, so clearly they felt he was still able to play to some degree, just not at the salary he was set to make.

I'd feel A LOT more better about our line with him on it, regardless of his progression. I indeed hope both sides swallow their pride and make it work. I guarantee you, if they did sign him, he'd immediately show himself to be the best guard on the team (yes, I know that isn't saying much).

And oh, more veteran leadership and stuff.

Could Seattle be looking to bring him back after game one to avoid the guaranteed salary?
Very unlikely.

His guaranteed portion was only $80k... peanuts in the big picture.

From what I''ve read, his biggest obstacles were not being 100% healthy... and being *just* a RG at his age.

Apparently, Seattle's going with inexperienced, but healthy youth.

Very unlikely.

From what I''ve read, his biggest obstacles were not being 100% healthy... and being *just* a RG at his age.

After what I saw this preseason "just a RG" is sounding pretty good right now.

It is weird that the highly compensated professional coaches and talent evaluators, who's very livelihood depends on these decisions, could be this ignorant.

I mean, they even know what calls are made and which assignments were missed or executed properly, how the guys perform in practice and in the film room, their attitude and work ethic, and they STILL don't see the obvious solutions that are so evident to anyone with Google and a poorly broadcast preseason game schedule.

Pretty lame of them if you ask me.

Wonder if the loss of Kromer hurts more than we originally thought it would.

Very unlikely.

He fought back issues for a while, now. I thought he might have another year left in him. Seattle seemed like a good fit. The choice to go with inexperienced youth sounds like he's not capable of even being a stop-gap measure for one season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom