Jahri Evans getting some notice..... (1 Viewer)

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
The posters on KFFL.com's General NFL forum have apparently been paying attention to just how well Evans has been playing, he's a consensus pick for their NFC Pro Bowl squad. Drew Brees is also a lock (of course) and Jammal Brown on Offense. Scott Fujita is a debated pick on D. Interesting thread read it here - http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191063

I'm glad Evans is getting notice he certainly deserves it. He has played better than any Saints guard since Bentley during his rookie year (perhaps even better). I said it in the preseason and I will say it again. This kid could be the next Larry Allen type OG.

Evans is as big of a find as Colston. DII school, even less well known than Hofstra and he's starting against huge d-linemen in the NFL in his first year. Let's just hope we don't screw it up like we did with Bentley and convert him into a center.

This guy deserves any respect. Plus you gotta like him more because of the way he b*tched Porter at the Steelers game

I'm waiting to see in next year's draft if we can get alot of steals like we did the previous draft. Payton and his scouts sure have a nose for talent.

These are the Saints players I expect to see in Honolulu: 1.Drew Brees
2. Marques Colston
3. Jammal Brown
4. Scott Fujita
If any of thse players don't make it I will be heavily dissapointed because I feel these guys are more deserving than most others at their position.
These are the players that I think could make it to the Probowl but most likely won't:
1. Joe Horn
2. Jeff Faine
3. Jahri Evans
4. Will Smith
5.Charles Grant

just imagine another draft like this one, and then another. we would be deep and talented at all positions.

Brees, Colston and Brown for sure. Fujita has leveled out some and isnt really making big plays-just being solid.

Fujita, Evans and Will Smith might sneak in as a alternate.

Evans is our most dominant lineman, in my opinion.

Brown is solid, but I don't think he's a Pro-Bowler. His pass blocking has been pretty great, but for such a big man, he doesn't get great push in run blocking.

Evans pancakes guys every single week. He buried Keith Brooking on one play this week, drove him brutally into the turf, and Brooking took a couple of swings at him after the whistle. To me, he plays like Kyle Turley but with much more self control.

The frightening thing about Evans is that he has the body of a small school player. He doesn't look that strong or muscular--he looks really underdeveloped for an NFL lineman. I can't imagine what an offseason in the weight room will do for him.

just imagine another draft like this one, and then another. we would be deep and talented at all positions.

I would love it but would guess that it's incredibly unlikely......I know it's early but this looking very much like a "once in a decade' type draft. It's unrealistic to expect getting 8 quality players every draft (Bush, Harper, Evans, Colston, Ninkovich, Streif) plus trading for two additional starters (Faine, H. Thomas). That just doesn't happen. But we can expect hopefully a starter or two and quality depth.......

Just have some faith. Payton and his staff god do they know talent. great pick up's in the draft and trades.

Hollis and Jeff Faine great job.

Brees, Colston, Brown, Evans, Faine, Smith, Hollis Thomas, and Gleason all deserve a good look...

Don't be surprised if Gleason goes because that blocked punt alone...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom