Jahri Evans has signed with Saints (1 Viewer)

I thought Jahri was banged up from the getgo last year. He looked sluggish in preseason, and it carried over to the regular season. He missed 3 of the first 5 games, and 5 for the year. Thats more than he missed his entire career.

So I think the time away from the offseason/TC grind may have been good for him, allowing his body to heal some. He was in Seattles camp for only about 3 weeks, but that was probably enough time to get in condition. SP said that he had a pretty good preseason and is in good shape.

As for him not making the 53 in Seattle, I read where they had him at LG as oppsed to his usual RG spot. So new team, new playbook, new position, and 3 weeks to get it done likely hurt his chances.

I think Jahri is glad to be back here. I think he's glad to be back with the only team he ever started for and its players, playing his usual position and a playbook he knows.

But IF he's healthy and in good shape, I think he can help us alot this year!

No what this is a sign of is that Evans never should have left in the first place. And you're right, anybody would be better than Bryce "the human turnstile" Harris.

People quickly forget how bad Evans was the past few years after experiencing another offseason of Lelito.

I'm all for the signing, but only because Evans is better than Lelito...but only an insane person would expect Evans to be anything better than mediocre this year.

Tackle: Terron Armstead, Zach Strief
Guard: Andrus Peat, Jahri Evans, Tim Lelito, Senio Kelemete, Landon Turner
Center: Max Unger

Terron Armstead is a beast at left tackle and one of those draft picks that we actually took that I was screaming at the TV to take(like Michael Thomas this year). Max Unger is a decent center that hopefully has a few more good seasons left to offer. Hopefully we will be celebrating Zach Striefs retirement from football next year. So I'm hopeful Andrus Peat can give us one good year at left guard before moving to right tackle full time next season. He has to step up and show that he was worth that high first round pick. I know he has never played the position in college, but it can't be too hard of an adjustment one would think.

I'm hoping Jahri Evans starts game one against the Raiders, because unlike most on here I think he can give us one more quality year at right guard before retiring a New Orleans Saint. I'm hoping Landon Turner learns all he can from Evans this season. Then maybe by midseason he takes over at right guard and is our starter there for years to come. If we drafted Landon Turner in the 3rd or 4th round this year, like he was projected by most, everyone would have a totally different view point of the player. Then next offseason we ether select a guard early in the draft or pick one up via free agency. Lelito and Kelemete should be backup players in this league. Those ships have sailed. So come next year I'm hoping an Armstead, pick or FA, Unger, Turner, and Peat will be the new O-line next season and be a damn good quality one at that...

Peat is not a OT in this league. Too slow and lumbering and he succumbs to stunts too easily.

So when strief moves on we need a new RT.

Next year we need to draft an OT and probably a OG depending on how Landon turner develops. Even if turner looks promising as a starter we still should grab an OG since Lelito is on a 1 year deal and expensive for someone who is not starter caliber.

I thought Jahri was banged up from the getgo last year. He looked sluggish in preseason, and it carried over to the regular season. He missed 3 of the first 5 games, and 5 for the year. Thats more than he missed his entire career.

So I think the time away from the offseason/TC grind may have been good for him, allowing his body to heal some. He was in Seattles camp for only about 3 weeks, but that was probably enough time to get in condition. SP said that he had a pretty good preseason and is in good shape.

As for him not making the 53 in Seattle, I read where they had him at LG as oppsed to his usual RG spot. So new team, new playbook, new position, and 3 weeks to get it done likely hurt his chances.

I think Jahri is glad to be back here. I think he's glad to be back with the only team he ever started for and its players, playing his usual position and a playbook he knows.

But IF he's healthy and in good shape, I think he can help us alot this year!

Well said

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom