Jahri Evans visits Saints (2 Viewers)

I think Jah' had back issues the past few years, and he was fighting thru it to play, which is why his performance declined. He hasn't been fully healthy for a while now.

The main reason Jah was released after this past season was because he simply wasn't worth the money he was owed, and I'm sure he understood that. If he had any ill feelings toward the Saints he wouldn't have been back for a visit, and eventually signed.

I don't know how well his back is now, but its good to have him back even if he's in a leadership role. Can't have enough good people/vets on your roster. Welcome back Jah.

I feel much better about Evans coming back. I have been saying this for a while that Evans may not be the all pro he was but can still be a very solid OG when healthy. Where are all the "Lelito is a mauler!" fans at? Lelito has never done a thing to warrant being called a "mauler" that I have seen. Guy has terribly slow feet and isn't some mammoth with raw power. If Lelito is a starter then our OLine is in trouble. Needs to be a backup that we can rely on to not get completely blown up in case of injury but not our starter as option A.

Hngh. If it happens, I was wrong in thinking that ship had totally sailed.

Hope he's ready.
Same here. I thought he was done for sure, but best of luck to him. If he pans out then great.

Evans knows the offense and Drew knows Jahri. He should step in at LG and start immediately if he's in shape. Lelito and Kelemente are PS squad players for 31 other teams out there. Shane on the Saints for thinking either of those was ready or ever will be.

Evans knows the offense and Drew knows Jahri. He should step in at LG and start immediately if he's in shape. Lelito and Kelemente are PS squad players for 31 other teams out there. Shane on the Saints for thinking either of those was ready or ever will be.

He's a RG

And yet somehow Lelito and Peat are starting Sunday and Evans is unemployed. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evans is now employed and according to reports he is the Saints starting RG for Sunday. So he immediately supplanted the other guards despite missing all of camp and preseason.

Evans is now employed and according to reports he is the Saints starting RG for Sunday. So he immediately supplanted the other guards despite missing all of camp and preseason.

He was in camp and played during the preseason in Seattle, so he should be in pretty good football shape. It's not like he was sitting on a park bench in a bath robe feeding pigeons, and they sent an Uber to bring him to the stadium to suit up.

Heh...apparently Seattle's starting rookie guard Ifedi sprained an ankle in practice yesterday. Not laughing at the guy's injury, but I AM laughing at Seattle for cutting Evans to "go with their younger option" at guard and now they're scrambling.

Heh...apparently Seattle's starting rookie guard Ifedi sprained an ankle in practice yesterday. Not laughing at the guy's injury, but I AM laughing at Seattle for cutting Evans to "go with their younger option" at guard and now they're scrambling.

I mean, if we'd taken a guard in the first round like they did, I'm sure we would've done the same thing.

On another note, I was reading that Ifedi also had an oblique injury during camp. Looks like that guy is already injury-prone.

I mean, if we'd taken a guard in the first round like they did, I'm sure we would've done the same thing.

On another note, I was reading that Ifedi also had an oblique injury during camp. Looks like that guy is already injury-prone.

Yeah I don't blame them for what they did, but I am happy that the decision is biting them now though.

They also still haven't found a solution for losing Unger either. :hihi:

Yeah I don't blame them for what they did, but I am happy that the decision is biting them now though.

They also still haven't found a solution for losing Unger either. :hihi:

Good thing their TE had a career year last year playing for the "best" team in the NFL. Wait........:scratch:

I'm a fan of bringing Evans back. Yeah he's over the hill now at 33 years old but at this point I can't imagine him making the O Line worse. We're talking about a guy who's been to 6 Pro Bowls and has been named All Pro 6 times. Maybe he still has something left in the tank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom