Jahri Evans (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Just curious as to how well you guys think he is playing?

On a scale one 1 to 10 of comparing him to his Pro Bowl level of play from 5 years ago, let's say, what number would you put on it?

I would say 7.

One of the best things to happen this year was when he was cut by the Seahawks.

He's played really well compared to who we would have starting there in his place. It doesn't hurt that he's got two potential pro bowlers on either side of him

Sure was glad to see him come back, but even I'm surprised at how well he's done. The only real issue he ever had was his health, but as this season shows when he's healthy he's still really good.

It's hard to say because most people aren't watching the RG on every play. Evans has given up pressures and sacks, and he isn't being used to pull as much, and we got stuffed by Seattle's goal line D, but the O line is doing better than expected I'll give him a 6

He gives a few whiffs on occasion and a couple of holds on occasion but overall, I'd echo what's been said earlier that it certainly beats the alternative.

The thing I've noticed that has diminished in his game is his ability to recover after he's beaten off the line. He's definitely not as fleet-of-foot as he was when he was younger and he seems more rigid at times but i'd say overall i'm glad he's back in the fold.

8-9 health not skill is always going to be the deal with him right now he's good last year he wasn't. He has really brought something to that line they didn't have in pre-season. Maybe it is leadership maybe it is just holding his portion of it down stabilized the whole thing.

We were lucky to get him back.

He's been playing well. It was his fault Brees was sacked before the final field goal but he's been solid.

I was telling a co-worker the other day Evans may be the best acquisition this team has made in the offseason. Remember the crapshow our OL was in the preseason?

he is playing better than Kelemente and Lelito ... ill give him that ... but still we have to find a new RG ... suprisingly, Strief is playing good this year at RT .... so I am guessing he will stay as our starter atleast until the end of next season ...

Big difference is probably that he has stayed healthier than he has been in years.

Last few seasons with the Saints he was fighting injuries and hobbled by a sore back.

Hope he stays healthy.

He's been playing great. I think we should draft/sign other guards, but we should keep him for another year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom