Jairus Byrd out with [MOD EDIT: rehabbing an old] knee injury... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byrd is like the new Victor Butler. He's a guy I expect absolutely nothing from. If we have him for a few games...great. Worst contract in Saints history. I'd put money down that Byrd will be cut after this season.

And it breaks my heart because I was one of the guys jumping up and down when we got him. Sometimes the best contract is the one you DON'T hand out. I'm also pretty happy that we didn't sign Norman for that amount of change. That would have been Byrd part deux.

Without reading its pretty obvious its the exact same knee injury only Byrd is now 2 years older.

So it'll likely never be 100% participant in OTA/TC healthy moving forward in his career.

tumblr_l5s29nhnWm1qata4m.gif

I wonder if he just has a chronic knee issue. Is it time to retire?

Byrd has at least played in a few games, unlike Butler, who we'll never get to know if he could have made a difference for us...along with all the other injuries that killed RR's defensive plans from the start.

I'm not disappointed yet, though......when/if this happens again during camp in July, then I'll be disappointed. At the same time, this is why we drafted Vonn Bell.

Payton said he's rehabbing his old knee injury. He should be back by camp. I'll wait till then to see what's up.
Lol.

"Rehabbing".

What's the hit for cutting him? Probably time to. What a waste.

Lol.

"Rehabbing".

What's the hit for cutting him? Probably time to. What a waste.

Would cost us $6.9M (on top of his $10.9M cap number) to cut him this year.

Next year we would save $3.7M against the cap to cut him (though he would still count $8M against our 2017 cap).

Cheaper to pay him to ride the bike (again) for 1 more year.

when has the last free agent defensive signing worked out in NO? i cant even remember, maybe shanle or fujita?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just to play devil&#39;s advocate here on Byrd: Sometimes surgeries don&#39;t always fix the problem. Happened to Kikaha in college</p>&mdash; Katherine Terrell (@Kat_Terrell) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/735895363664515076">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom