Jairus Byrd ... (1 Viewer)

DzynRex3hunna

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That's how you play !!!

Don't know how many paid significant attention but he was lock down down deep , allowed KV to be the enforcer he naturally is. Byrd was the key defender on several 3 and outs.

Wasn't a statistical game for him , but he actually looked like the player we signed a few years back from Buffalo.

Stuck his head in a few tackles , no arm tackling.

Hope to see more from you sir. :9:

Hold your horses. Byrd took an awful angle on that long Harris TD play. Ran besides him (and slower) rather than angle into him for a tackle. Not good

Hold your horses. Byrd took an awful angle on that long Harris TD play. Ran besides him (and slower) rather than angle into him for a tackle. Not good

I believe Vonn Bell should have played the running back instead of the quarterback on that play

Sure Byrd was again not perfect on all plays.
But nobody will be perfect on all plays.

But this time did he made up for his 1-2 failures with some very good plays.
We can clearly see an upwards trend in the recent 2 games.
Hope he can build on that.

This

I think it's a hard sell to put that one on Byrd. He made several good plays yesterday. Without the all 22 view, I have a hard time assigning blame to him on a play where he obviously wasn't in the vicinity to make. I feel like he took the angle to support on a tackle thinking someone would get a hand on the guy. That didn't happen so it looks like a bad angle on his part. At any rate, if I'm calling someone out on this play it's the guys upfront. There's a list of people to blame before getting to Byrd. He had a good game, just like Ingram. Let's celebrate Saints when they do good.

There was a play where Byrd was leaning away from the RB, and his only chance was an arm tackle. (which most RB's run through anyway). Can't fault him for that miss.

On a play like that the entire left side of the defense can share the blame.

Not one player got a hand on the guy and you want to blame just one of them??

It looks like a different Jarius Byrd has shown up recently so be happy with that!!

I've been one of Byrd's biggest critics, but I've been very happy with how he's been playing the past few games. Hopefully the entire defense continues this upward trend and Byrd can remain a healthy contributor.

yeah but for 56 MILLION you expect a little more out of him. He just hasn't been worth it at all.

Byrd epitomizes the New Orleans (city) experience. You fall in love, it breaks your heart, you fall in love again, it breaks your heart again...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom