Jairus Byrd (1 Viewer)

paulo46

Rookie
Reaction score
The Saints need to move on from Byrd at the June 1st cut. The Saints have a history of holding onto bad players too long. They also need to release Cadet, Harper & Fleener

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
*sigh*

Hotdog_Skin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Have you even looked into the financials behind what you're suggesting?

From an economic point of view alone, it's a terrible idea.

Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction without a lot of thought out into it..

zknotts61

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Byrd actually played well this year. I think this was his first healthy year since he arrived. Releasing him would be a mistake for many reasons.

Don't disagree about Cadet.

Harper may retire soon. Sure do have a lot of respect for him. I think he's a good vet presence in the locker room.

And as far as Fleener is concerned, giving up on him after one year would be a mistake. Not sure what the dead money would be, but even then, I would prefer him back in the B&G next season.

gregg2g

Rookie
Reaction score
It appears as if someone thinks they know how the salary cap works by throwing out the words June 1st cut.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah let's waste half our cap space on cutting people.

OP

paulo46

Rookie
Reaction score
Byrd's cap charges will be split over this season & next

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints need to move on from Byrd at the June 1st cut. The Saints have a history of holding onto bad players too long. They also need to release Cadet, Harper & Fleener

Oh yeah................the Saints need to get right back under the pile of dead money just when they've gotten out from under some of it!!...........:jpshakehead:

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
we are also known for cutting players too soon... cough sproles, cough jenkins, cough martin anderson, cough can't stop coughing... need to go see a dr. maybe dr brees is in the office.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What's your name?

I ask because I'm good friends with the owners of the Browns and they're always looking for talent like yours.

I'd be happy to pass along a good word! :hihi:

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Fleener is cut. Byrd is cut. Harper, you're gone. Snead, I like your hustle

...That's why it was so hard to cut you

Congratulations, the rest of you made the team!

Except you, you and you.

Prodigy

Infamous Saint.
Reaction score
Man Byrd is a leader by example. He excels in his free roaming. Hes the last line of coverage so he is in charge of fixing all the mistakes the defense in front of him makes. Its hard being a Free Safety for the New Orleans Saints now a days lol.

I give him a lot of credit this year and i thought performed well. If we can get more front 7 and CB help, he can do what he is truly good at.

Cutting Byrd is a bad idea; financially, and strategically. Lets get more solid pieces around him, and really see how good or bad we did. Honestly, one good season at the perfect time is all we need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom